UBot Underground

Schedule 1 post per day with Wordpress

So I'm just getting started with ubot I can't believe how powerful it is even for a noob like myself.

I've got my Wordpress bot that installs, does themes, plugins, all the basic stuff. I'm now working on the article posting part, which will ideally make 10 posts and schedule 1 post per day. I've got everything worked out (title, content, category, tags, image) except for the actual scheduling. I could just select a random date (01-30) for the day input box, but I'm really hoping to have the bot detect the current date, and then add 1 day for each article it posts. The problem comes with switching months, for example if I ran the bot on the 29th, it would schedule a post on the 29th, 30th, then would need to switch to the next month and start over at day 1.

I imagine this could done with javascript but I've got no JS knowledge whatsoever. Any ideas on how else this could be done? A push in the right direction would be awesome!

Thanks

Andy

You can use the date function for the current date and time. and sculpt you know logic for addition or if you are good with Javascript then thats the best way to go. . ;)

Praney

Praney - thanks I'll give the date function a shot. No JS skills, so that's a last resort.

BotBuddy - I'm using the "Publish" box on the top right sidebar on the "add new post" page. I click the edit button then want to change that date.

Oh man... I had some trouble with this one.

I could get it to post once a day for a long while, but as soon as the month had to change, that's when the math got fuzzy for me.

I'm a programmer, but I'm terrible at math. Go figure ;)

I imagine there's an easier way, but I just ended up using a whole lot of "If" statements.

Alright so not much luck with this and I just don't have the time to mess with it much more.

Would anyone be interested in doing the JS for this for $20?

I just need to schedule 1 post per day, and it needs to change months when necessary.

I made a WP auto post bot - the month thing also kicked my ass so I just waited till the beginning of the month and scheduled up to 31 days. :-P

Thanks for the post Biks, you made me realize I was probably just overthinking this.

I came up with a workaround that has worked well so far. I store all of the articles I want to post in a csv, with each article on a separate line. What I did was add two columns to the csv for the month and day, then pull them when the article is posting. I also use $rand for the hour and minutes. Works like a charm.

It adds an extra step in excel, but after I make a macro for that I think this will work out for now.

Thanks for the help everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I am working on random dates and times between 2 given dates. Anyone any ideas on this. I am almost done but would like to know how would someone else do it..

I am working on random dates and times between 2 given dates. Anyone any ideas on this. I am almost done but would like to know how would someone else do it..

Have a file with all dates listed one per line for next 6 months. and then randomize the times.