UBot Underground

Would an easier way to identify hard to find items within a page be using page source? Are any of you guys using that or have you been using ubot so long you already memorized all the html tags by heart? I'm new so I haven't got that memorized at all, seems like viewing page source would be a big help.

What types of things are you talking about? I by no means have it memorized, and do occasionally refer to the source code to see how different elements are coded. Do you have an example?

John

What types of things are you talking about? I by no means have it memorized, and do occasionally refer to the source code to see how different elements are coded. Do you have an example?

John

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out how you got:

"<H2 class=entry-title>*</H2><SPAN class=entry-secondary-snippet>- <SPAN class=snippet>*</SPAN></SPAN>"

...back in this post:

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6775-scraping-google-trends-rss-feed/

I really tried figuring it out myself but I still am stumped. Advice? Did you like... right click on it? How did you get that?

You do know how to view more source code with the right click select? When you right click on an element, there is a tag on the top of the menu, to the right is a little pop up menu. By selecting within THAT menu, you'll see more elements associated with your selection. Never knew how that worked until recently, I was always pulling up the source code within another browser.

• 1 month later...
Guest leahDyou

You do know how to view more source code with the right click select? When you right click on an element, there is a tag on the top of the menu, to the right is a little pop up menu. By selecting within THAT menu, you'll see more elements associated with your selection. Never knew how that worked until recently, I was always pulling up the source code within another browser.

I see..this is the simpler way..lol..i look stupid..

I just hold my iPhone up to the screen and press the scan button and wham bamm thank you Mam and the source jumps right into my UBot.

Wait...maybe that happens in my iPad.

No wait, my Apple laptop?

I'm sorry I was dreaming. It was a nightmare btw.

• 2 weeks later...

i cant agree more. viewing page source is helpful for learning a lot of things. it can be used in many ways. searching for errors when building a webpage, learning your competitions usual codes, can help you analyze how a certain page works, SEO stuff, and a lot more. since you are new to it, you might find a different sorts of codes everytime you view a page source.. good observation leads to a lot of learnings