UBot Underground

Command Nesting Causing Crashes?

do u guys think by ubot nesting commands it causes it to crash so much. what i mean is like when u run a loop with subs...for every loop it shows the sub over and over even if its in a different tab and once it gets to about the 3rd loop the bots crash...is there a way i can disable that feature or does anyone have a suggestion of how to better code this thing...heres what im doing:

run sub loop

while position <50

fill information

else ->navigate to start page, set position 0, run sub loop

(cant take a pic of the whole code in ubot cuz its too long)

Nesting is okay SO LONG as you do it in a controlled fashion. Also, avoid recursive Sub calling; meaning do not call a sub from inside the same sub or even a related sub. That can REALLY nasty because unless you have a sure fire way of terminating your logic you could eat up your memory extremely fast and then UBot would just fail.

• Like 1

i believe this is whats happening with this bot...i will have to think of some better logic then...man...it used to be sooo easy to do scripts like this...just loop and run the sub

what im trying to do is load a list of 1k and post 50 of them at a time to a feed...i shouldnt have to load 50...remove from list...then load another 50....there has to be a more efficient way

@Natureboy

Have you been having the same experience even with running the logic through Javascript or Shell (php or some outside language)?

i havent tried to run it in another language...i just did it in ubot...i dont know how to program this logic in the above mentioned languages

Nesting is fun, I get crashes when I go out insanely nesting logics in one another.

I can only go these many levels deep and anything more I crash :(, wish i could strech a little more :P .

http://i52.tinypic.com/2ptry2v.png

Praney

Just FYI...the current process that pulls the sub into the run sub node was a fix to bring back the ability to trace the code process. This was necessary after the FF and IE windows were added and the dev team is well aware of the issues that may (or do) arise from this. This will be a non-factor in v.4.

So why add it? Before it was added (but after FF and IE windows) there was no way to see which nodes were processing, etc so this was added to satisfy all the requests to get that feature back. (And there were a LOT of them). This was always just a temporary fix pending the new evolution of UBot (where it was already known the issue wouldn't exist).

So hold tight! It won''t be long before so many of these threads will be nothing more than archives! http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

John

Just FYI...the current process that pulls the sub into the run sub node was a fix to bring back the ability to trace the code process. This was necessary after the FF and IE windows were added and the dev team is well aware of the issues that may (or do) arise from this. This will be a non-factor in v.4.

So why add it? Before it was added (but after FF and IE windows) there was no way to see which nodes were processing, etc so this was added to satisfy all the requests to get that feature back. (And there were a LOT of them). This was always just a temporary fix pending the new evolution of UBot (where it was already known the issue wouldn't exist).

So hold tight! It won''t be long before so many of these threads will be nothing more than archives! http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

John

wow...i was just thinking to myself...this never happened b4 until some update...but i couldnt pin-point which...thanx for clearing this up...so what is the ETA on v4?