UBot Underground

Threads and Sockets

For once and for all, I'd really love to get a handle on use of threads and sockets. Do any of you folks have a practical example of using these functions together and tracking data in the central code of these? I've been wanting to figure this out bigtime.

Frank

Frank, this is a the basic fundamental setup for combining the two (this non-functional example assumes you are navigating from a list, but obviously is not limited to just that function)

multithreading socket bot setup.ubot

Hope that helps

John

• Like 1

Threads uses multiple windows working simultaneously

Where as Sockets I believe yanks out un-needed items from the browser making it load faster and run faster then it would normally when using standard browsing

Using the 2 together ends up in a work flow environment MUCH faster then normal. And can see a significant increase in speeds.

It has it's limitations. But where there is limitations there is always room to improve.

Sockets connect directly to the site bypassing the browser altogether, hence the speed. (The only thing being processed is text...there are no images, javascript functions, etc)

John

I can't really say much about RAM usage. I have never had an issue with RAM and therefore don't monitor it. I'm definitely not the Clark Griswold of Botting! http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks John for the script. I see how to use sockets, but they don't seem to do anything. I was trying to navigate to bing.com and the screen comes up blank. Is that the nature of the particular website?

Frank

Thanks John for the script. I see how to use sockets, but they don't seem to do anything. I was trying to navigate to bing.com and the screen comes up blank. Is that the nature of the particular website?

Frank

Sockets bypass the browser. Add a "Write to Browser" function after you navigate to a url, to see what's in the socket.

Sometimes even write to browser doesnt work properly. I have just finished creating an IMDB scraper that wouldn't display properly using the write to browser. It wasn't until I scraped the body and saved it to a notepad was I able to code it.

It's rare that I'll repost on a thread after I've posted, but I have to say one thing...

SOCKETS ARE DAMN COOL!!!

After figuring out how to work with them, they are a really awesome tool. I'm able to now scrape Google at lightining speeds. And totally invisible to the user - too very cool!

One question though, how can we reliably pull values from lists or variables within a thread without using temp files?

Frank