UBot Underground

captcha problem - up__photopicker_mask

n00b here so please be kind....

i have read every captcha post i could find, but still unable to solve....

i am trying to upload a photo to my yahoo answers account.

http://answers.yahoo.com/my-activity/edit/about

i get as far as the captcha, but i can not locate the captcha. it appears in a java dialog box that is masked.

all html in the dialog box shows up as

" id=up__photopicker_mask "

the html for the popup is masked as:

<DIV style="Z-INDEX: 9999; POSITION: absolute; FILTER: alpha(opacity=60); BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000; WIDTH: 970px; HEIGHT: 1113px; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id=up__photopicker_mask> </DIV>

there are no captcha elements to select.

from what i have read it seems that the way to attack this problem might be to scrape the cookie info from the page link before the captcha appears and pass that on to the captcha page so that it opens without being masked, but i could not find an example where this had been done and am at a bit of a loss as to how to do it.

any assistance would be appreciated.

thanks,

david

I went to the link you provided but I could not locate a captcha.

I would like to help if I can but seeing the captcha is sort of essential. lol

HEY BB----

here's the bot.... that is worth a thousand of my words (at least)....

i could clean it up with some error checking (like when the captcha fails, and also make the file paths more universal,,,, but hey, this is my first Ubot...

anyway, the selection of the Browse button, the captcha image, and the Upload button are where i am stuck... i think most of the other logic is ok.... i used the mouse position to click the file selection, but it would be nice to get an understanding of how the "propper" method of doing it is....

I am still stuck in that i cant select the captcha image ===

thanks,

david

myfirstbot.ubot

Hey David. I played with this yesterday for awhile and seem to have the same difficulties you are experiencing. I am just a little confused about one thing. I am unable to see where there is a captcha, and am wondering if that's the point you are making.

John

Hey David. I played with this yesterday for awhile and seem to have the same difficulties you are experiencing. I am just a little confused about one thing. I am unable to see where there is a captcha, and am wondering if that's the point you are making.

John

i actually get a popup dialog box that has an upload option and a captcha. the whole popup is masked, ie the html/java is not revealed when you try to look at attributes, or try to make a selection with the attributes. if i open the link in a new window (using firefox) i am then able to see the source for the popup. you have to be logged in to see all of this... here are a few test accounts:

KierstenElliottjzwn,23hbiybz

MarthCapewellwmrv,54sbtdfk

BonnieMorongellgoah,7tlnpfpsn

the attached file should show the captcha..

thanks for looking

david

edit: attachment doesnt seem to show image, so i will link it...

http://blackhatbots.com/Capture.JPG

david,

I see your image but I have to tell you. I am scratching my head.

I tried your IDs and passwords as well as my 8 IDs and not one of them asked me for a captcha.

So until I can replicate it I don't think I can help.

Sorry

Yes, it won't give me a captcha either. That is truly strange. Maybe if I put the process in a loop and blast them with about 100 attempts, maybe, just maybe I'll get a captcha!

John

dohhhh....

after looking closer, i realized that somehow the bot uploaded had some problems and wasnt even getting as far as the captcha....

here is the bot myfirstbot1.1.ubot so far,

the captcha request may be because of account:

KierstenElliottjzwn,23hbiybz

is using proxy: 12.0.71.177:8080

placed in files: yahooaccounts.txt and proxies.txt on the desktop...

i was able to get the image to show and had a working bot, but i wanted to try and use the same iframe logic to get rid of the mouseposition and select the button by id within the second iframe....

i think the main issue that i am having trouble with is understanding how to get to the iframe that has the mouse button inside of it and still be able to select the captcha image as well....

thanks

david