UBot Underground

Newbie bot help

hey guys im in the process of trying to make my first bot! so far it kindof works but its a little barbaric and was wondering if i could get some advice from some experts on what i can improve upon or get a better process going.

heres what i want it to do:

Theres something like 730 pages with 16 links on each page. So what i want it to do is go through each one of these links and click on a button then go back and continue doing this for the rest of them and then move on to page 2 etc..

I can get this to work most of the time in a very simple way and i was hoping someone would be willing to help make the process alot smoother.

Thanks, heres my ubot file!

battle vote.ubot

balgus,

try this out.

make sure you are logged in to your account first.

I am assuming your sub works.

What I did was create a list to scrape the 16 band links. Then I navigate through the list so yourt sub could be executed.

This is certainly a stepping stone to develop a more comprehensive bot to scrape even more band pages.

buddys-band-bot.ubot

balgus, I sent back the bot you sent me with some changes, so you should not be having that problem. Can you open any other bots without crashing? Are you double clicking the file, or opening it from within Ubot?

John

• 1 year later...