UBot Underground

Running in ie or sub window

I'm trying to use the "in ie window" or "in sub window" commands. This is what I see for their descriptions:

in ie window - Commands and constraints in this container will be run inside an ie browser.

in sub window - Runs all contained commands inside a seperate web browser in a seperate window.

I see the windows popping up, but nothing is being executed within them. I can navigate, that's about it. Am I missing a step? (enclose it within a thread perhaps?) I tried it both ways. Who knows what lurks in the mind of Seth to get this to happen. :-) This is what it looks like:

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5337/runiniewindow.jpg

Run Sub_IE Window.ubot

The problem is "send keys field chosen".

For the "Run in Sub Window", I changed "send keys field chosen" to "send keys" and I added a "focus chosen" on top of the send key nodes.

I did the same thing in the 3rd tab but it did not work but I think it was related to the Choose by attributes nodes.

OK, got it working with the sub window. Thanks Botbuddy! Still can't get anything happening in the IE window version. Which brings up the question - what's the difference between the two versions and what's going on?

There's a simple, working version of the script in my example bot that's not inserted into a sub or IE window. That one works, yet when run in these windows, something about THE WINDOW and not the site prevents it from working.

So what were these functions designed to do? What kind of things CAN you run in them?

** 30 minutes later **

OK, by DRAGGING the field into the window, I can get both the sub and IE windows to work. Which brings up ANOTHER question -

Why should there by any difference between selecting an attribute and doing something to it (the old way), verses dragging an element into the programming window?

With this method there obviously is.

I have no clue as to what that send keys node does. That's why I use the plain one.

As to the differences. I don't know why. I have run quite a few tests and there appears to be a rendering issue between the IE and Firefox windows.. The Sub window and IE I thought were the same maybe there are some slight differences with those two.

I do know this. Do not assume they will process HTML the same. There are some who may say UBot is the issue HOWEVER UBot is not rendering the HTML but rather the different browser winds are.