UBot Underground

Selecting a month in SELECT element

Guest pr0n1x

http://forums.bellaonline.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/newuser

I need to select a month like August, to do this?

That is, should I choose in the list, not least, the VALUE of a value which lies in the element OPTION

have you tried selecting the month manually then drag and drop it in the build node area?

or are you wanting a random selection?

have you tried selecting the month manually then drag and drop it in the build node area?

or are you wanting a random selection?

just when I take it and drag, then the choice can only be done from the list below

and I need to choose the name of the month

Ok, back up for a minute. HOW do you want to choose the month? From a list box, etc? The number is the value assigned to the name and can be used in place of the name to choose the month, but we first need to know what method you plan on using. Thanks.

John

I have a cvs file, where data is stored on the user, I go to the web site (not one) and in a field where I need to select a month, I compare what month I have found in the file and the appropriate month should be selected list. The problem is that, at different sites in the list of months, they may be numbered differently, such as 1.2.3.4.5, or jan.feb.mar.apr.may.jun or another.

That's correct, and unfortunately you will have to code each and every site accordingly. The good news is you can use the same 12 if/then statements as a base and from there just change the "change chosen attribute" to whatever it is on that site. The other issue you may encounter is whether or not each month is entered in the csv file in the same manner every time. Remember, "august" is not the same as "August" in UBot.

John

can you understand me wrong. but I want to see if you can make the following script. SELECT selects an item at a time to review every value in it, and if one of the values coincide with my value to be stored in a file, then choose this month?

I understand what you want to do. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do it. You can scrape everything within the <select> tags to a variable and then see if your table cell entry matches anything in that text, but again, to find a universal way of handling this across various sites and different scripting is a daunting task. Also scraping the dropdown becomes more complex when there is more than one dropdown on a page. It's not that it can't be done, but you have a lot of coding ahead of you to accomplish it.

John

Try this

Thank you. This works only when I need to pick a random value. And if I want to add articles to article directories, such as losing weight, I can not choose a random value, I need to find the appropriate category.

Select the month like you would any other element, then in the next node use 'send keys field chosen' and when asked to supply a string use the visible month name exactly as it is shown in the dropdown.

WoW

Thanks