UBot Underground

uBot + Windows Server?

Can a bot created be put on a Windows server and function?

I've only ever used Linux based servers and hear of someone that had created software to "run" on a Windows server.

But, from what I read a Windows server isn't ook much different than Linux, it's mainly used for ASP stuff...

So, can an EXE file (bot) be uploaded to a server and set to run at given intervals?

Thanks.

I might be wrong but a windows server is much like a windows pc and therefore should run it without a problem.

If it calls certain console commands however I would make sure they are available in that box first.

That's what I was thinking, then I ran across something online that made me think I was "wrong"...

So, yeah, basically trying to see which is correct... being able to run a UBot bot on a Windows server.. and if so, what would the requirements for a uBot bot be in order to run. ???

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone tried this yet?

I seem to find hosting for Windows 2003 Server as the main version that's out there...

And I guess I need to ask if it has the latest .NET upgrades...

I just don't want to go through the trouble of finding out this won't work.

Would be nice if uBot people would respond themselves, as in... it should work, as there is no reason why it should and/or requirements needed, etc.

Basically it comes down to the host.

Wherever you plan to host ask them and they will let you know.

Some still back on 1.1 and many up to 3.0 or 3.5 with latest SP releases.

Really?

Why would being behind in the "latest updates" be beneficial to them? .. Doesn't make sense, but know it can happen.

ok, the following windows servers are fine:

Windows 2003

Windows 2008

As long as all the standard requirements are met (same requirements your local machine must meet):

Windows (XP, Vista or Windows 7)

512 MB of Ram

5 MB of disk space

Internet Explorer 7 or above

.NET Framework 3.5.

John

ok, the following windows servers are fine:

Windows 2003

Windows 2008

As long as all the standard requirements are met (same requirements your local machine must meet):

Windows (XP, Vista or Windows 7)

512 MB of Ram

5 MB of disk space

Internet Explorer 7 or above

.NET Framework 3.5.

John

Thanks JohnB.

Is that from personal testing, or do you "just know"... I've never worked with a Windows server before only Linux.

Also, if I understand correctly, I get in and set thing with Remote Desktop, right?

That was directly from the developers. And yes, remote desktop would be th preferred way of handling it (I mean why use a control panel when you can remote directly in right? http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

John

That was directly from the developers. And yes, remote desktop would be th preferred way of handling it (I mean why use a control panel when you can remote directly in right? http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

John

eheh... well, remember, I am new to working with Windows as a server and so expect dumb comments/questions, but I'm gonna ask anyway. :P