UBot Underground

AOL Dropdown Menu Problem

Hi - I'm trying to create an AOL account creator bot and I'm running into an issue with the dropdown menu as indicated in the image:

http://i51.tinypic.com/rlvpeg.png

I can 'Choose by attribute' -> 'Click Chosen' but the dropdown briefly appears then closes and I'm at a loss as to how to deal with it. 'Select Random Child' doesn't work :(

I figure I can call a WinAutomation macro from Ubot to send mouse clicks to the page but surely there is a way to deal with this sort of dropdown in Ubot? Possibly I'm overlooking something very simple here ... So berate me if that's the case but don't go to far with it ;)

Attached the script so far - be aware that the 'Wait Finish' for the signup page isn't working (I know how to deal with this though).

EDIT: OK, I think I might have figured it out - 'choose by attribute' -> 'change chosen attribute' -> Outertext to one of the options. Haven't run it but at least I'm getting somewhere. Feel free to point out if I'm right or wrong though and I'll keep this thread updated as to how I'm going.

EDIT: Problem solved - thanks Kreatus!

If that does not work then you might try using Sendkeys.

Yeah, I thought of that but it didn't work.

You can do this as an alternative. Click the drop down menu then drag and drop what you wanted into the nodes.. Tried it and it works.

Thanks man, that is great! :D It works as well as saves a lot of fiddling about that's involved using other methods. Ossum!

OK, I just thought I'd update this thread in the interests of sharing for anyone who encountered the same issues with this or other sites.

Whilst the method Kreatus came up with works fine (and THANKS again) it necessitates making tons of IF statments like:

SET X to random number within range

IF index = X

Click link X

ELSE

IF index = Y

Click link Y

and so on for all or some of the available items which is a major PITA.

So what I figured out is:

SET variable to X (X = random value that's within the range of the possible values for the dropdown)

CHOOSE BY ATTRIBUTE -> Innertext -> Search for variable (calculated previous line - choose by attribute must be performed on the opened dropdown)

CLICK CHOSEN

http://i52.tinypic.com/zkprtt.png

I haven't tried but I assume it works for any attribute provided it has the search string.

You can use '$birth month word' as a search string for the month dropdown.

As BotBuddy says: there is indeed more than one way to skin a cat :)