UBot Underground

Newbie question... how do I read from the bot location?

First time trying to write a bot that reads from files. I can manage just fine when set to a static location but I'd like the bot to read from whatever folder it is in to actually locate the file. Seems like if should be simple ;) But I admit its escaping me and I haven't found an example yet in the tutorials that shows that scenario. Any pointers?

First time trying to write a bot that reads from files. I can manage just fine when set to a static location but I'd like the bot to read from whatever folder it is in to actually locate the file. Seems like if should be simple ;) But I admit its escaping me and I haven't found an example yet in the tutorials that shows that scenario. Any pointers?

Use the UI Open File and add to a list.

application directory will load file in your bot directory.

post-677-0-66904600-1296422021_thumb.gif

I thought he just asked that he could add any file from any folder?

I can manage just fine when set to a static location but I'd like the bot to read from whatever folder it is in to actually locate the file

Or did i misunderstood? :lol:

I thought he just asked that he could add any file from any folder?

Or did i misunderstood? :lol:

You answered perfectly I just gave a example of how to load a file in the same directory as your ubot bot.

Just like nuc63 said, the $application folder is what you are looking to use for this. But keep in mind that this constant will use the path of your Ubot folder located in your documents until the bot is compiled.

Thanks, looks like $application folder is what I needed!

You answered perfectly I just gave a example of how to load a file in the same directory as your ubot bot.

So it seems he asked the wrong question, as my answer was actually good.

Now he said he will use $applicationfolder :rolleyes:

Anyway, who cares?! :lol: