UBot Underground

Advice on tricky bot needed

Hey guys...

I run a small time article writing service on the side and i'm trying to write a bot that will help me in producing the "report" that I give out after an article is finished.

Basically the bot i'm trying to make needs to take a list of keywords, scan the article to see how many times each keyword appears and then give a density percentage for each keyword to put in the report.

The thing i'm not sure about is how to have the bot scan the article for each instance of a keyword.

So for example the article is 500 words with keywords "dog" and "cat"

The bot would scan the article for the keywords and spit out a report with something like

"dog - 1% density", "cat - 2% density"

I can figure the math out but i'm not sure if i should put the article in a list or how to have the bot scan for each instance of the keywords and count them up. Can you even "search" a list or only webpage? I'm assuming i would be incrementing a variable?

Any advice or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated...trying to automate some of these menial tasks. thanx!

actually i've run into my next problem....so now i'm uploading the article to my server and having the bot scrape all the keywords as gogetta showed above. But when i want to use $eval to calculate the density % it doesn't work since this is a plain .txt file that the bot is on. I'm reading that $eval doesn't work if the webpage doesn't support javascript.

So i guess my question is, how would I get the page to support javascript? These are all just regular articles in a .txt file that i upload to my server. I'm assuming this is normal or is this a bug?

try adding this to the page

<script type="text/javascript">

i think this should work geurella uploaded in a bot i saw so credit goes to him

Pftg4

that worked. I was using .txt files so guess i'll have to convert all articles to php before uploading them. thanks!