UBot Underground

Trouble Adding Additional Scraped Content To CSV

I've got a bot that creates web2 sites. It adds all the account information such as username pass, url, rss feed, by setting table cells by colum and row

I set a variable to which row I want the data to go for example the first time I run the bot it goes in row 0

The next time I run the bot I want the data to be saved in row 1

What happens is that when I run it the second time it correctly puts the data in row 1 but it erases the data from the first run

My goal is to collect all this data over a period of time and repurpose it.

Since it may be hours or days between runs, adding the data to a list wont work.

On second though a light bulb went off but I don't know how to implement it. maybe I could take the results of run 1 and run 2 and add them to a third list

Any thoughts?

As to why your table is not working it is hard to second guess that since we cannot see the code. If you want to PM me the code then I can take a looksee.

Your idea about the List sounds doable. This is one of those times I wish we had a Append to list command (it might be on the todo but I do not know for sure).

I say give it a try.

The table function works properly. It's just I cant append new data to it then next time I run the bot.

I'll tinker with adding the output to a list and combine it with the new data and see how it goes

Thanks for your help

Ok I figured out how to add the tables together as a list and it will create a new csv file

The problem is that when it adds the content of the first and second file it creates a empty row between them

like this

row o content

row 1 empty

row 2 content

I included a quck sample of how I laid it out

what i do is i add data.csv to list 1 (list from file)

this is assigned to a variable

then i do all the "stuff" i need to do

at the end i just add to list to the same variable (seperated by comma)

lastly save to file... actually i save it back to the same data.csv so it keeps updating my file