UBot Underground

bot source code

What you see in your logic window inside the UBot development app is what we consider the source code.

Then why do I see people posting little snippets of scripts here on the forum? How does everyone else paste snippets of script here?

That is "pseudo code". Not really code but an easy way to depict logic across many programming languages. Variation you see here fits well for UBot.

It would great to have something for documentation purposes but I think that is in the plan for some point.

That is "pseudo code". Not really code but an easy way to depict logic across many programming languages. Variation you see here fits well for UBot.

It would great to have something for documentation purposes but I think that is in the plan for some point.

Hmm...Ok, so how do I view my pseudo code?

By "pseudo code" I think he means text that represents the logic you see in ubot.

For instance, I could drag on an "if" box, qualify it by seeing if the variable "#goAhead" is equal to "$nothing" and then if this is true set the text "we are not cleared to proceed" to the variable "#message". Then in the "else" box i could set the variable "#message" to "We are cleared to proceed".

That wasn't easy to type and not easy to understand.

I can say the same thing like this:

if(!goAhead){

message="we are not cleared to proceed" }

else {

message="We are cleared to proceed" }

It's just a purer way to depict the logic so anyone with a basic grasp on programming can get what I am saying.

What Guerrilla said is correct.

Ha, I guess that's part of what makes ubot kick ass, I can use without even a basic knowledge of programming!

I'd like to learn it, know of a good tutorial site somewhere?

If you want to learn "pseudo code" then you are already there. English. Think of "pseudo code" as writing a recipe in staged segments. Step 1, then Step 2, then Step 3 and so on.

The alternative is to go to a programming school and learn it like I did with the Nun smacking my hands when I got it wrong. LOL

Just kidding.

Seriously, it just takes practice and watching the ones in here that do it well. It's sort of on the job training.

By "pseudo code" I think he means text that represents the logic you see in ubot.

For instance, I could drag on an "if" box, qualify it by seeing if the variable "#goAhead" is equal to "$nothing" and then if this is true set the text "we are not cleared to proceed" to the variable "#message". Then in the "else" box i could set the variable "#message" to "We are cleared to proceed".

That wasn't easy to type and not easy to understand.

I can say the same thing like this:

if(!goAhead){

message="we are not cleared to proceed" }

else {

message="We are cleared to proceed" }

It's just a purer way to depict the logic so anyone with a basic grasp on programming can get what I am saying.

Thanks you for the post.

• 5 months later...