UBot Underground

How do I host a bot on my server?

I heard this mentioned in another thread I started, but I would like some guidance on the process.

I asked a question about how to update bots for users, and the answer was to distribute bots using some 'get' command, to use whatetver bot is on my server...

I have no idea how to work that scenario. Any assistance would be appreciated.

A way to do this could be to host a php script on their servers, which the bot interacts first thing and sends the current version of the bot they are using. The process is done on the server end and if there is a new version of the bot is available then the server script returns a popup. If the user clicks yes then it can download the new version to the users computer.

It just for brainstorming, I think you may have got an idea.. ;)

Cheers!

Praney

Now how does that work with the UI?

If I use the include command and call the bot from whatever URL, will this change the UI as well?

Like, what If I add new features all together including UI stuff?

This would be possible with the new HTML UI.

I have still to see if its possible using the New HTML UI, I know you can use JavaScript in it but how would you control. Maybe sending calls to the server as it loads up.

@IRobot; will you like to share, how would it be possible using the UI HTML?

I still have to give it a shot, when I take some time outta my hectic life.. ;)

Praney

So how do I use the include command? Do I just send the ubot file to a folder on a domain, open up a completely blank/empty ubot and add the include command with the url location of the ubot file?

Is that correct? Open a completely blank, nothing in it ubot, then add the include command and compile it? That's it?

PS** I'm using the newest dev version with custom ui colors, if that matters.

So how do I use the include command?

See the link in post #2.

Do I just send the ubot file to a folder on a domain, open up a completely blank/empty ubot and add the include command with the url location of the ubot file?

Yes; you could also use the include command in an existing bot.

Now how does that work with the UI?

If I use the include command and call the bot from whatever URL, will this change the UI as well?

Like, what If I add new features all together including UI stuff?

The way I use this effectively is I don't code UI's into the included bots. I design them to be included into a main bot which has the UI.

I tried it out. A bit confused as to why UI elements aren't passed on. Not the html stuff, but the check-boxes, menus, fields etc.

Utilizing UI in the main bot, and including the script of a bot hosted on a server does work. However, if I decide to add new UI elements and variables I have to send a new version of the .exe file anyways.

Using the include command seems to only update the script actions themselves rather than any UI.

Praney, I don't know anything about php or javascript can you send me somewhere to show me how to set up something like that? With the notification thing.