UBot Underground

$Read file not working right

Hey guys. I'm having a problem utilizing the $read file constant.

Basically, I want to use it to be able to post an article. So, in the settings area, I can upload a .txt file containing the article body. Now, when I use the $read file command to post the content from the .txt file, it's not recognizing certain charectors or something.

Every time an apostrophe is used in the .txt file, it's replaced with a little 'square' image instead of the ' .

It also can't seem to recognize 'bullets', or paragraphs well either.

I tried using a .doc file instead of .txt but that doesn't work at all. Is there a way to post an article from a file without messing up the article?

Hey guys. I'm having a problem utilizing the $read file constant.

Basically, I want to use it to be able to post an article. So, in the settings area, I can upload a .txt file containing the article body. Now, when I use the $read file command to post the content from the .txt file, it's not recognizing certain charectors or something.

Every time an apostrophe is used in the .txt file, it's replaced with a little 'square' image instead of the ' .

It also can't seem to recognize 'bullets', or paragraphs well either.

I tried using a .doc file instead of .txt but that doesn't work at all. Is there a way to post an article from a file without messing up the article?

Its because ubot doesn't handle unicode. Load the file in txt editor and save it back out as ANSI and then try.

Andy

Its because ubot doesn't handle unicode. Load the file in txt editor and save it back out as ANSI and then try.

Andy

I second that, I was doing the same thing this morning and it wouldn't work but when I changed it then it works just fine :)

Yes I do agree, the community and support is great around here .. ;)

I started a thread to thank everyone here for their participation:

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4887-expression-of-appreciation-to-this-community/

If you like you can also drop some words to keep the team spirit :)

Praney

• 1 month later...

- I have a user from sweeden

and they have special charectors such as åäö and ÅÄÖ

They are noting the same problem of the software not recognizing the charectors so sending weird ones

the current issue is that the area they place the text in is in a UI block text box

any solution for this ?

I will be updating the bot to load from file - when i do then will they just need to save the text file as ANSI?

thanks