UBot Underground

Can UBot do this?

Yes, but it would be a tedious process. Plus, there is not a built-in FTP process so you would have to use a FTP service.

You could build a system using includes to take care of routine things like Header, Footer, Sidebar. Your design would have to be solid.

Not sure what the functions of a sitebuilder template are; so it may help if you list the functions.

Ubot can perform most functions that you can do via a normal web browser.

Thank You for responding. Sitebuilding capabilities include (but are not limited)to the following:

1. Gives you categories

2. Gives you templates within each category

3. Gives you designing options in each template these are:

i) pg size

ii) pg design/ style

iii) add logo capability

iv) add banner/ header capability

v) add footer capability

vi) color options for background

vii) upload graphics/ files

4. Gives basic WYSIWYG Html editor capabilities (fonts, size color, style, wrapping etc)

5. Gives SEO/ SEM Options (title/ heading tags optimized etc)

6. FTP (but as Bot Buddy pointed out it would indeed be a tedious process)

Hope this helps to give a clearer view.

Trumpp

Yes, but it would be a tedious process. Plus, there is not a built-in FTP process so you would have to use a FTP service.

You could build a system using includes to take care of routine things like Header, Footer, Sidebar. Your design would have to be solid.

Hi, Thank You for responding. Comments well taken. By a "solid" design I suppose you are referring to a thorough understanding and execution of the underlying structure of the proposed bot... yes? Or is there something else? What do you suggest?

Do let me know. Thank You

Do you mean to use html layout?

Thank You for responding. Honestly, I got the software 2 or so weeks ago and I am just on lesson 5 so I am not sure what the bot could or could not do. But I do have an imagination. So initially I thought to get the bot to find free templates. In retrospect that initial desire may have to be tempered with the reality of HTML unless of course there is an alternative. Is There? What do You suggest?

Trumpp

I was referring to a solid designed website. Because you could build a site that was basically a set of modules using INCLUDES to construct the site. How these includes come together to form the appearance of the site would have to be solid.

The tedious part is adding the HTML tags to your data that you would be outputting to a file.

After thinking a bit. FTP can be done but you would need a FTP client that could function from Shell commands in a batch mode.

Its not impossible but might be impractical. It depends on your overall goals.

I was referring to a solid designed website. Because you could build a site that was basically a set of modules using INCLUDES to construct the site. How these includes come together to form the appearance of the site would have to be solid.

The tedious part is adding the HTML tags to your data that you would be outputting to a file.

After thinking a bit. FTP can be done but you would need a FTP client that could function from Shell commands in a batch mode.

Its not impossible but might be impractical. It depends on your overall goals.

BotBuddy,

Thank You. You are saying that for the whole thing to work efficiently and effectively it may be too labour intensive & that such output may not be necessary. Wonderful insight! Regarding overall goals, its this: To get an all-in-one sitebuilder with certain built-in Market research, Selling and Social Media/Branding features for a group/ community.You may logically ask, "But why don't You use any of the site builder software already out there?" Simple, so far I have not yet found any piece of sitebuilder software that can be bought outright,by a service provider and that is not at a ridiculos cost, (One quote at $38,000.00. And the monthly fees are a real, real turn-off!!

So you have some background,now, in regards to overall goals and the proposed bot, what do You think?

I dont know. My brain hurts now. LOL

I actually thought about something very similar but from a WP perspective. Anyway, within a few days someone came out with an app that did what I was looking for. They developed it with a programming platform like Visual Basic or something on that level.

Your idea does have merit but as I said it would be a tedious process.