UBot Underground

Using Pauses In Subs

I created a bot that creates a yahoo email, facebook account, twitter account etc. Each function has its own tab 9+ but they are getting out of hand.

The bot works fine as is but what I decided to do is tidy things up a bit. So what I've done is dedicated 1 tab for all the functions and created them as subs. Then on a seperate tab I set up check boxes for each function using if/then statements

The issue I'm having is that if a sub has a pause in it, It gets to that point and freezes up. Normally it pauses and is waiting on my input the I click on the play buton to resume

I tested the subs by themselves and all the pauses work as planned, just not when I run them using the check box

Any help would be appreciated

Let me try to explain it better

I created several seperate scripts under 1 bot each with its own tab (9)

Each of thes scripts have pauses in them to wait for some user imput

They run flawlessly

To simplfy the interface I created subs for each script and now have only 2 tabs

One that has all the subs and 1 that tells which subs to run using a ui check box

If ui checkbox is checked then

run sub yahoo

else navigate to google

sub yahoo

do something

do something else

pause

do something else

Then to test this I ran the sub like this first

run sub yahoo

sub yahoo

do something

do something els

pause

doing something else

It worked fine

Then I removed the run sub like so

sub yahoo

do something

do something els

pause

doing something else

I left the ui checkbox empty and it navigates to google

I then checked the ui box

I push the play button on the script and it changes to pause and stop buttons

The sub continues to the point where I want to pause the script. Normally what happens is the pause button changes back to the play button and when I'm fininshed I push the play button again to continue.

So the bottom line is that the sub freezes at the pause point when using a ui check box

I'm a little confused about the problem. could you strip down your bot to just enough to cause the issue, and then upload it?

Did you try to refresh the script, sometimes when you make changes and save the bot the changes do not take place. In this situation you need to refresh your script and save it.

P.S. Its not a good idea to make changes in your script while a script is running or is paused, as to my experience, Ubot stores an image of the script in the PC memory, and when you make changes at this time is jumps them and sort of ignores them. Doing so has resulted me with increased error rate. So be carefull.

Praney

testbot.ubotI'll keep that in mind

As a test I created a new bot with the same results

works ok as a sub but not with check box

Did you try to refresh the script, sometimes when you make changes and save the bot the changes do not take place. In this situation you need to refresh your script and save it.

P.S. Its not a good idea to make changes in your script while a script is running or is paused, as to my experience, Ubot stores an image of the script in the PC memory, and when you make changes at this time is jumps them and sort of ignores them. Doing so has resulted me with increased error rate. So be carefull.

Praney

testbot.ubot

As a test I created a new bot with the same results

works ok as a sub but not with check box

I've had a look, and it seems that the Ubot UI status is incorrect, i.e. the Play button should be displayed instead of the Pause button (at the sub's pause).

However, you can still click on the Pause button, and the correct sequence is followed.

I see that but if you run it by itself the pause turns into play. Shouldn't this be the same no matter where you call the sub from.

I've included just the sub so you can compare visually

Maybe this is normal and I'm just now running into it because up til now I either ran subs withing the same script or created a specific funtion as a stand alone script

testbot.ubot

testbot 2.ubot

I see that but if you run it by itself the pause turns into play. Shouldn't this be the same no matter where you call the sub from.

Yes, as post #6 implies; it seems to be some sort of Ubot UI bug.

I'd suggest that admin. take a look at it. You could PM LillyT if there's no response to this thread.

Thanks for looking into it

Sorry misread your reply

I will pm lilly later today after seeing if there are more replies

Yes, as post #6 implies; it seems to be some sort of Ubot UI bug.

I'd suggest that admin. take a look at it. You could PM LillyT if there's no response to this thread.

I am also having dramas with the pause command with large bots, it doesn't change the "Pause Button" to play. Sometimes it pauses but other it doesn't.

It is happening in both Ubot Script as well as the compiled bot.

Just wanna make sure if anyone else is having similar issues before I post a bug report in the latest stable version.

Thanks,

Praney

Cornerstone: We're still working on it. It seems like a simple issue but it might take a much more involved solution.

Praney: It's already been confirmed, and updates about it's solution will be place in this thread.