UBot Underground

Ubot crash after loading .ubot files

Hello,

I can't access to the test bots I made yesterday.

When I click into the .ubot file or when I try to "Open bot" : it crashes. The programm doesn't answer and Windows (windows server 2008) closes it.

I tried to reboot my server and it's the same, I can open a bot that I downloaded from the forum.

How I can debug ? It's very boring... I can't use the software if the things I save don't load after!

Thanks.

So, I move the bots into a folder (they was in the Desktop) and now they launch but Ubot says me :

"There was an error including a bot." and when i press ok i can access to my bot but it's still annoying I think... I don't know where the error come from in my bot.

I joined the bots to figure out where is the problem.

Thanks for helping me.

scraper.ubot

Global.ubot

The error is not a bug with ubot studio, but a problem with your code:

Your scraper.ubot contains an include command to include itself. Remove this include.

Although it may still work, It's not good practise to:

1. Place includes in loops.

2. Hard code paths.

Lets say i want to be able to type in something else following the slash in ubotstudio.com/

I want to use the ui text box and I want whatever I type inot the UI text box to follow that slash. The process would look like the following screenshots:

needed.jpg

needed2.jpg

There are lots fo examples on looping with and add to list command here: http://www.ubotblog.com/

I had a look at the 2 .ubot files you uploaded here, from the code i see you are trying to scrape twitter no. of followers for given twitter users which are added to list from a file.

But I do not see a reason to use include statement here. If you are just trying to run a loop to go through every user or link in the text file, you only need to run the loop - listtotal times, and include the while statement inside the loop, for it to be able to scrape all.

With existing code you will only scrape for the last list item from the file as the loop will continue until the last list item and the flow of control will then be passed to the while statement.

Another way of doing it will be to put the while statement in a sub and from with the loop use runsub command to run the while statement for every list item.

Cheers!

Praney