UBot Underground

How do you send a TAB keystroke??

I thought I had asked this here before but I can't find any reference to "tab" anywhere on the whole forum.

So, how do you send a TAB key? I have a site I'm botting that requires the user to hit TAB, to populate some other fields with information. Yes there's probably a javascript on the page I can call instead, but if I could just send one keystroke, I'd be est... so much easier than mucking with the JS.

Any idea how to do this?

Jonathan

Hey Johnathan,

Try doing it with JavaScript:

I think this is the code you need:

#eval -> document.write ("\t");

\t for horizontal tab ;

\v for vertical tab.

Give it a go..

Cheers!

Praney

Every time I try that, it locks up the UBot browser completely.

SET

VALUE

#var1

$eval -> document.write ("\t");

Any other ideas on how to send a TAB?

Jonathan

Ok I created a workaround for it as it has been asked a few times in the forum.

Include the nodes to your script to send a "TAB" key.

Here is the file:

Ummm... having to download and execute an exe file just to send a single keystroke?? Isn't that a little bit like killing a fly with a nuclear weapon?

Seriously... there's just GOT to be a simpler way.

Seth, what about a simple Special Keys Tab function? Seems like it should be incredibly simple and you've been on a feature-adding rampage lately... can you add this one??

Jonathan

I know it is a bit like that..

But that it what I use if nothing else works..

Anyways i'll will look for it later and if I come up with something before Seth or any other mods reply to it.. I will post an update.

I think the problem here may be that there is no JS on page, thus the JS commands are not working.. I think Seth had this issue solved in the new upcoming Pro license..

Praney

Ummm... having to download and execute an exe file just to send a single keystroke?? Isn't that a little bit like killing a fly with a nuclear weapon?

Seriously... there's just GOT to be a simpler way.

Seth, what about a simple Special Keys Tab function? Seems like it should be incredibly simple and you've been on a feature-adding rampage lately... can you add this one??

Jonathan

Also you don't need to download it always, just download it once and save it in the app folder or anywhere you want and just call it through the shell command.

I just did it for a quick workaround till there is a proper solution available for it.

Praney

Yeah the problem here is definitely not a lack of javascript, this site is almost entirely constructed of JS, which makes it that much more interesting to try and scrape. I went ahead and found the JS inside the script that needed executing, to populate the other fields with data... so I'm good for now. But in general, a Send Tab function would still really rock!

Jonathan

There is a special key : down in system constant

is it going to be hard to add tab for the next update Seth please let us know a lot of sites are starting to get smarter so mimicking what would a human do with his keyboard is the best practice i think example send send keys field is very good.

Blazo

If you have time please answer :)

Hi guys I'm asking for support in the need of a TAB stroke key in ubot if you think like me that TAB send key is important please post here so Seth will notice this post :).

Thank you

That one is not working if you downloaded PraneyBehl ubot example we still haven't found a way to send key :Tab there is a new command in ubot for the pro users called send keys: but it's still not working properly and we need to wait for the pricing of the pro version to use it.