UBot Underground

Ubot is so unwise on "compiled bots"

I have bought Ubot for 2 weeks and feel quite sad about it.

Learning and coding all takes lots of time and energy. There is nothing to leverage except some basic "tutorials".

Yes, there are tons of ready made "bots" available. I don't know how others feel, but I WON'T buy! I even hesitate to use the free bots. The reason is so simple: No way to customize and no guarantee of updates.

The websites on the real world update frequently. It's so common the tools working today won't do the same tomorrow. If you use a tool, that means you commit the working logic and processes behind it.

When you use a paid or free bot which won't update tomorrow, you committed the process and then lost it, and there is no way to recover because the tool is compiled. That is the most concerned!

I came to Ubot because I need the customized and updated tools. I don't mind paying others work to have a ground to start, just like what people pay on premium wordpress themes. But it's really sad to see few resources available and there are compiled bots all over the site, which is no use imo.

I signed up newsletter before I bought and got the wiki bot from Ubot. It is a compiled bot! Yes I thank you, but I really don't know what's the point here. Seems Ubot want to give some bonus only, and no interest to show off the application itself at all.

So are you looking for Bot Programmers to get your project(s) done or do you want to learn it?

For me, I come from thirty+ years of working in the computer area so there is not a whole lot I have not done. I am not bragging but with a new development platform like UBot it does require a level dedication to get up to speed. The more I create the better that I get.

As with anything there is a learning curve.

If you need help with a node then I suggest you post an image of your bot along with the a link to the site you are working with. Many, many, many times people will stop what they are doing just to put together an example to learn from. I have been the recipient of some of those. That is what makes this group so special.

In terms of example bots, that is what they are examples. I have many in my toolbox but in mo way would I use them in production.

What are you trying to do?

Like bot buddy mentioned, if you need help or you need to see a script example, you will have it on the forum. The bot store consists of independent botters who are putting their hard work out there for you to purchase. Before you wrote all this, did you contact any of those people you want to purchase from to find out what their policies were on updates? Those are finished products, and it is understandable that they are not customizable.

If you want to customize your own bot, that is what UBot Studio is for. If you encounter a problem, ask on the forum and support.

There is always someone there to help you.

Of course I need to get projects done. That's why I hope there are more ready made bots available, even paid ones.

For myself I hope they are source code in .ubot format, instead of .exe. But that's my hope only.

I have said the reason clearly in my first post: The bot need to updated frequently to work properly, by the developers or by myself. Compiled bots don't allow me to customize or update at all.

Yes I can learn, can be patient, can try many times. But if every user should do the same work, wouldn't it be more efficient for the whole community if there are many source code available, either free or paid ones?

Hey Lilly, I have nothing against developers at all because I was developer before. I totally admit that hard work should always be paid.

But what been said, compiled bots are no use to me. Some may work today but not tomorrow. Some developers may update after days or weeks, some may not. There is no way I can judge. But if the compiled bots don't work even in days, I lost all in that period, works and processes.

What I hope is Ubot promote opening source code. The big example is Wordpress, every theme is open source while Woothemes and Thesis are still doing million dollar business.

The small sample is sick submitter. See how many good things they have in the community. People sell open sources templates and lists very actively to make money.

Hey Lilly, I have nothing against developers at all because I was developer before. I totally admit that hard work should always be paid.

But what been said, compiled bots are no use to me. Some may work today but not tomorrow. Some developers may update after days or weeks, some may not. There is no way I can judge. But if the compiled bots don't work even in days, I lost all in that period, works and processes.

What I hope is Ubot promote opening source code. The big example is Wordpress, every theme is open source while Woothemes and Thesis are still doing million dollar business.

The small sample is sick submitter. See how many good things they have in the community. People sell open sources templates and lists very actively to make money.

Contact a programmer directly if you'd like open source bots. it is totally between you and a programmer to negotiate that. For now we want to make sure we are protecting the hard work these botters do.

• 1 month later...

@billyc

I'm available for hire to build your bots.

Send me a PM if you want.

I'd like to find someone to hire to build the occasional bot. I can see lots of things we could use them for. But I'm not sure what you mean by PM