UBot Underground

Trying to Post HTML to Web.com account....STUCK

I've been trying to create a bot to create a webs.com blog account (www.webs.com) and post an article (with a link) to the new account. I've hit a stumbling block though. It seems that webs.com has a fancy interface and the option to use HTML mode (so I can include the <a href> tag with a link at the end of the article) doesn't seem to be compatible with Ubot. I can't seem to properly choose text field and thus cannot "insert" the html text.

I've tried "send keys chosen field" command on the hope that maybe text needed to be inserted by simulated keystroke, but no dice. The popup window is probably the problem here...

I've attached a picture of the problematic text imput box.

Does anyone know a work around or have a suggestion for this? Maybe someone has already created a webs.com article poster and knows the solution.post-1036-12844863717572_thumb.jpg

You have to manually navigate inside the iframe with this url: http://members.webs.com/MembersB/EditPage/popovers/insertHTML.jsp

In cases like these, you should find the frame that it's in and find the url for it. Once that is done, you can navigate to the page and post the content you want.

You have to manually navigate inside the iframe with this url: http://members.webs.com/MembersB/EditPage/popovers/insertHTML.jsp

In cases like these, you should find the frame that it's in and find the url for it. Once that is done, you can navigate to the page and post the content you want.

Fantastic, thanks. Is there any way from Ubot that I can find out the address of the iframe? Or do I have to go to a regular browser and look for the link through page source?

Fantastic, thanks. Is there any way from Ubot that I can find out the address of the iframe? Or do I have to go to a regular browser and look for the link through page source?

Usually you would be able to use this method: http://www.ubotblog.com/ubot-studio-tip-how-to-conquer-a-stubborn-iframe/

Or you can use the Change Iframe Body option in Action Commands in UBot Studio.

However, that method was not working for that page. So in instances like those, you would have to go to another browser and view the source.

Sometimes when you right click the frame, "This Frame" will be listed in the right click menu over the frame in Firefox. That option will take you to the page you need to navigate to.

OK, now I got stuck with a webs.com thing. I'm trying to post to a blog associated with a webs.com account. I'm assuming this is a tinyMCE box:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5352/websx.png

Should be the simplest God damn thing, right? I've gone over all the tinyMCE tutorials and I'm getting no where. I've tried:

Change iFrame Body: Obviously this is the first thing one should try. Nope. I've tried #'s 0-5. Noticed on the source code that there is only one iFrame on the page and it's:

<iframe id="documentarea" src="/manageapp/blog/" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" style="width:100%;"></iframe>

Interesting that I haven't been able to choose id="documentarea" within Ubot.

Tried turning off tinyMCE with: tinyMCE.execCommand('mceToggleEditor',false,'mceContentBody');

I'm not even sure what's supposed to happen when you do that. There isn't a popup window for what I'm trying to do, I'm assuming this is supposed to prevent this from happening.

Anyhoo - Here's a login bot to get someone to the place I'm referring to: Webs DEMO.ubot

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. I forgot about this post. (I just moved on) This one is still kickin' everones butt? (I don't feel so bad now) :-)

Somebody should make a Ubot wiki page or something that give examples (like this one) on what one should look for when dealing with TinyMCE boxes. If I had 5 working different examples, I'm sure I would have a better idea what to look for.

Hey Biks, I'm getting there. My only problem is the Javascript I use to post content refreshes the page, purging all the content in the content box. Soon as I fix that I'll post it :)

Good goin' Meter!

OK, so hold on. Where/how did you find "entryBody"? I'm looking at the source code (in Firefox) for the page and I can't even find the word "entry" anywhere on it. Is the javascript on a different frame or something?

What was the method you used to find "entryBody"? I notice that your Javascript is entryBody.load(); - does this exist anywhere on the page, or do did you find entryBody and add the Javascript .load(); after it?

The code for the actual text editor is in another Iframe. I navigated to that Iframe and looked at the source. I noticed it was using PunyMCE, a derivative of TinyMCE. So I downloaded the source for PunyMCE and looked at what functions I could use. I noticed the .load() function would load the contents of the "value" attribute for the textarea PunyMCE was bound to (entryBody), so I just changed the value of entryBody to what I wanted it to be, and then made PunyMCE load it via .load(). entryBody is also the name of the PunyMCE instance that initiates the editor.

OK, so this is something that you couldn't have just guessed at by merely looking at the source code. It required some research.

So if this box were a TinyMCE, what would the most likely solution have been? Same .load() function?

I still think we should have a forum section called "Tricky Boxes and Buttons". Just has fabulous examples like this.

Yep, I think the best bet would be to find the id(not the name) of the textArea the TinyMCE box is bound to, and replace 'entryBody' in the code I posted above with the id of the textArea. The code should otherwise be reusable.

After login with an account i get errors here.

So i'm logged into webs.com, click the "add a new page" button (as seen on the first screenshot) and will result in a 404 error.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/757/webs1r.png

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4637/webs2.png

As you see in the second screenshot i'm already logged in but it shows that i have to login again.

Doing that, the whole thing starts over again.

I get into the sitemanager, click the "add a new page" button and there we go again...

You guys are going into these webs sites thru the most difficult fashion ...

there are already massively scraped lists of site for profiles ... AND

the best method to Create a Site from scratch is outsource - manually [ imho ]

Some of us like challenges ;)

Besides that, on the long run it's cheaper than hiring a filipino.

• 3 months later...

Victory :)

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7730/98231393.jpg

I just tried this code and it doesn't work any more.

But I was able to get it to work by clicking the "view source" button in the punymce editor. This opened the opportunity to choose the entryBody by attribute and then change the value. Super easy this way.