UBot Underground

What does the Contains node do?

I've been waiting and playing but I have absolutely no clue as to what this Qualifer "contains" node does.

Any idea?

Any examples?

you can check to see if your list/table cell contains an item, in an If Then Else Command for example, and then you can adjust your script accordingly.

I have an example fro you. The example if kind of crude but hopefully you get the gist of it. In this script you are comparing two files against one another, List one(Fries) and list two(Flies). I have the script navigating to certain websites depending on whether or not a word in list 1 is also found in list 2. At the end, the list items that are in list one but not in list two will be saved by themselves in a file on your computer. That's not the only thing the contains qualifier can do but this is just an example. Contains Command.ubot

Thanks LillyT!

I thought it was something much deeper. Like some sort of pre-scanner for a whole web page. My mind was really working hard on that. LOL

lol I think search page could work as a pre scanner for a webpage. but there's always room to expand and change the command as time goes on though.

• 2 weeks later...

I was trying to use your sample script to compare two saves lists but I was never able to get it to work without error because the lists did not have the same number of entries in them. How can you compare two lists to remove duplicates when they have different lengths?

I was trying to use your sample script to compare two saves lists but I was never able to get it to work without error because the lists did not have the same number of entries in them. How can you compare two lists to remove duplicates when they have different lengths?

try setting to loop to the list total for the shortest list.

or, try this example(it's a bit better than the first one). It has a third list in the Then command. Set the loop to the list total of the shortest list.

I'm attaching the example. contains.ubot