UBot Underground

Creating Email Accounts the Easy Way

I have a customer who ordered a bot with some particulars. In the process of creating it, I realized he just handed me a gem!

If you are creating email accounts for customers I can't even fathom a downside to this:

www.mailinator.com is a mail service that involves the following sign-up process:

Just enter (anything)@mailinator.com and THAT is your account. You access it at: http://(your username).mailinator.com. No activation, no nothing! A uBotter's dream!

Yahoo and GMail can kiss off as far as I'm concerned!

John

• Like 3

I have a customer who ordered a bot with some particulars. In the process of creating it, I realized he just handed me a gem!

If you are creating email accounts for customers I can't even fathom a downside to this:

www.mailinator.com is a mail service that involves the following sign-up process:

Just enter (anything)@mailinator.com and THAT is your account. You access it at: http://(your username).mailinator.com. No activation, no nothing! A uBotter's dream!

Yahoo and GMail can kiss off as far as I'm concerned!

John

Mailinator is good, but yopmail.com is so much better.

You get multiple domains to use, so if one gets banned on a site you can use another one. Just set a variable on your UI, and then ask the user which yopmail domain would they like to use when creating accounts.

I think they offer a new temporary domains every 3 months, so even facebook can't ban them all

Edit: Oh, just a tip. You should use mailinator if you are thinking of creating more than 20 accounts on one site, because yopmail will pop a captcha if you sign up to the same site 20 times in like an hour.

• Like 1

I'll have to check it out. I just loved the "enter a name and it's yours" idea.

Mailinator has the alternate domain so duplicates are never a problem either

Wow. This is some really good stuff. I was banging my head against getting an auto email activation bot going just yesterday.

*** EDIT 5 minutes later ***

OK, mailinator holds the messages for only a few hours, and only 10 per account. YOPmail messages are kept for 8 days.

I was worried that someone might be able to scrape your info if your emails lasted for months at a time.

Here is the crazy thing.

This kind of website is REALLY easy to build. BUT most all of the hosting providers have turned off this service. I have tried, unsucessfully, to get this turned on for one of my sites but the providers cite Spam as the reason they do not allow it. TSK TSK TSK for not allowing people to use something like this.

I still have my domain that I would love to abuse in this fashion. The biggest difference now is that I would use UBot as the maintenance engine for keeping the mail trimmed down.

Does ANYONE know of any providers that allow this?

Wow. This is some really good stuff. I was banging my head against getting an auto email activation bot going just yesterday.

*** EDIT 5 minutes later ***

OK, mailinator holds the messages for only a few hours, and only 10 per account. YOPmail messages are kept for 8 days.

I was worried that someone might be able to scrape your info if your emails lasted for months at a time.

The thing I like, though, is using it to create accounts. In so many applications there is little need for the account after registration with the exception of activation which should occur within minutes if not seconds. The best part is the account re-creates itself by virtue of sending an email to it, so technically the account never really goes away. I find greater value (personally) in the idea that the email goes away so quickly. I only read about 5% of the mail I receive in my main account that I use for almost everything.

I have a bot that creates Yahoo accounts. It is scripted "soundly" and functions perfectly...about 30% of the time. The Yahoo site is very quirky (at least in my experience) and I balk at the thought of distributing a bot with a script that is relatively unreliable.

I love the idea of the 8 day hold as well for the same reasons. I will likely use both of them now because after several hours of testing on both, neither has failed even once. That's a good sign!

That's what I love about this forum. Two days ago I had no idea that either service existed! Thanks!

John

The thing I like, though, is using it to create accounts. In so many applications there is little need for the account after registration with the exception of activation which should occur within minutes if not seconds. The best part is the account re-creates itself by virtue of sending an email to it, so technically the account never really goes away. I find greater value (personally) in the idea that the email goes away so quickly. I only read about 5% of the mail I receive in my main account that I use for almost everything.

I have a bot that creates Yahoo accounts. It is scripted "soundly" and functions perfectly...about 30% of the time. The Yahoo site is very quirky (at least in my experience) and I balk at the thought of distributing a bot with a script that is relatively unreliable.

I love the idea of the 8 day hold as well for the same reasons. I will likely use both of them now because after several hours of testing on both, neither has failed even once. That's a good sign!

That's what I love about this forum. Two days ago I had no idea that either service existed! Thanks!

John

mailinator is setup on some services to be blocked, but it's still a good one for temporaries.

you can do something similar by setting up an email address that captures all of the mail sent to an email address of a domain you own but which does not have a specific account setup for it. that way you can just register with what you want, and catch all the accounts using one mailbox....If you have webmail for your domain, you can pretty much just automate that process with ubot to have a similar effect.What's more you will be guaranteed more domain longevity.

:)

mailinator is setup on some services to be blocked, but it's still a good one for temporaries.

you can do something similar by setting up an email address that captures all of the mail sent to an email address of a domain you own but which does not have a specific account setup for it. that way you can just register with what you want, and catch all the accounts using one mailbox....If you have webmail for your domain, you can pretty much just automate that process with ubot to have a similar effect.What's more you will be guaranteed more domain longevity.

:)

Very true! And since I have about 30 domains and 25 of them not currently in use, that is probably the most prudent solution. Thanks.

John

So I just tried setting up a Ubot that auto clicks an activation link with mailinator.com. I could use "click chosen" on the first page, but when I tried to get Ubot to click a link within an actual email, it wouldn't click. I'm talking about actually CLICKING on it manually or using Ubot. (it clicks when I use Firefox - it doesn't appear to be javascript) Anyone notice this? I'm able to scrape the text text link and NAVIGATE to it. Is it just me? My IE browser with UBot? Mailinator says it strips all sorts of stuff from emails

I have just realized through extensive testing that bypasscaptcha is performing at 100% accuracy on mailinator. If nothing else, I will use it for that alone!