UBot Underground

Ok, so I've recently been thinking about this and have a (good?) idea.

Instead of building a user interface, the first thing the bot does can be to navigate to a form on my website to be filled in. The form can be protected by HTaccess or any of the other billions of login scripts out there to handle this, along w/ IP checking to make sure there aren't duplicate uses of the same login everywhere.

After the form is filled in, it can post back all the variables completed, ubot can scrape them, and then whatever the bot does can continue. If they cannot access the form, they cannot fill it in and thus ubot goes nowhere without the variables it needs to complete. I realize the truly clever could save the form, and change their hosts file so whatever page you navigate to points to it, and I'm trying to work out a clever way to fix that, but for the average everyday type of user this system would not only work, but give you a much more robust UI for the user to work their way through.

Thoughts? Or has this been discussed before?

Hi

Check out protect66 from nett66 in the buy,borrow,steal section works perfect the support is excellent too held my hand through the install very nice guy to deal with take my word for it this is what you need

Pftg4

Not to mention you would need to throw a pause script in there just to get to the page (which would require the end user to click the start button twice)

A consideration is time.

Do users of your bots (if that's your intention) really want to sit through that kind of authentication process every time they fire up the bot.

It's enought that ubot doesn't have a memory to recall previously used data, add in a massive pause of events before being able to run and it could get unsettling.

The protect66 script is very nice.