UBot Underground

Hi guys

hope this is a quick question how do you do regex i know what they are and everything i choose by attribute add my expression making sure i choose regular expression for search (i know this works fine) then of course scrape choosen attribute then what do you select tried herf does not work so what do you select it has already selected everything from the expression itself right???

any help????

thx

Pftg4

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

hope this is a quick question how do you do regex i know what they are and everything i choose by attribute add my expression making sure i choose regular expression for search (i know this works fine) then of course scrape choosen attribute then what do you select tried herf does not work so what do you select it has already selected everything from the expression itself right???

any help????

thx

Pftg4

Seth any help on this asked a few times just a plain tutorial don't need explaniation on regex just how to implement

Thx

Pftg4

here are my two favorite resources for regular expressions:

http://www.regular-expressions.info/tutorial.html

this has very complete tutorials on how the regexp syntax works.

http://rubular.com/

this is a great little testing ground to try out your regular expressions and make sure they work correctly.

as for implementing them into ubot, you just type in the search expression you want, the same way you would type in a manual search or a wildcard search. and don't forget to choose regular expressions from the search type list!