UBot Underground

UBot browser incompatible only with this one page

I'm working on a bot that goes into a particular ad network and sets up my ad campaigns for me.

All is hunky dory and works perfectly - with one nasty hitch.

On each page of this website there is a little ajax box on the sidebar that keeps track of what information I've selected so far, etc. Gives me a running update of where I'm at in the campaign setup.

When I get to the last page where I would submit the campaign, the sidebar will never load. It just sits there & the little graphic spins forever, and the submit buttons on the page don't work at all.

This is true whether UBot does everything, or I do it manually in the UBot browser. This does NOT happen when I use Firefox or IE8 manually. Everything works perfectly then.

So what gives here?? I've put all this time into building this bot and on the VERY last step, it craps out. It's clearly a UBot browser issue. Maddening!!

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do about this? This is the second complex bot I've built that was all fine until I got pretty far into it and discovered some fundamental issue that is exclusive to UBot that prevents me from moving further.

Thanks all...

Jonathan

I've narrowed this down but I still don't get it.

It's only when certain combinations of settings were chosen on the previous page that leads to the final page, that the ajax sidebar won't load. With other combinations of settings it loads just fine even in the UBot browser.

????????????

Jonathan

I don't think so, it's not being called by a specific JS function there's just a block of JS code on the page and I even tried running that just for grins... no dice.

I've tested every possible combination of settings and there is only ONE particular setting which, if checked by itself on the previous page, causes this problem.

Jonathan

Can you clarify what you mean about running the code in a subwindow to see how the JS reacts? I'm afraid I don't follow.

If anyone would be willing to have a look at this for me, PM me and I can give you a login to the site in question and you can see what page causes the bad interaction. There's only one specific selection that causes this and I can't figure out why, does not happen in IE or FF but I can reproduce it every time just by visiting the page manually inside the UBot browser window.

Thanks,

Jonathan

I'm obviously missing something... how can I run just one sub in a new window, when the fields that sub needs to fill out are in the previous window? And if I just run the entire bot in a sub window, then how is that any different from running it normally?

Just for fun I put the problematic sub function in a new window and ran it... but of course the previous page gets submitted in the main window, the next page needed loads in the main window, and then the sub window appears and is empty, so UBot just dies with nothing to do in that window.

I really don't get what you're describing here but I'd like to...

Jonathan