UBot Underground

Ultimate Cookie Solution ?

Ahhh... super cookies, flash cookies, local stored object cookies! Cookies cookies and more cookies.

Why can't we just delete the cookie jar?

http://imgur.com/36N9c.jpg

I confirmed delete of cookies through Macromedia's Support/Settings site. Testing with that site comes with a catch tho, it's data is stored in a folder outside of the objects folder. This means once you clear cookies with the function above all the sites will still be listed but the "used" calculations will now show "-". To manually delete the settings references run [cmd.exe /c rmdir /s /q "%APPDATA%\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\"]

• Like 2

cmd.exe /c

- CMD.EXE is window's dos prompt. The /c switch will append the following command in the same process

rmdir /s /q

- This is Windows "Delete Directory" command. /s switch is used to delete all sub directories and files while the /q sets the process to quiet mode with no output back to the screen.

"%APPDATA%\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\"

- %APPDATA% is the system folder for applications, on my machine this points to "C:\Documents and Settings\Customer\Application Data" you can see where yours points by typing %APPDATA% as a run command. The rest of the path points specifically to the folder that hold cookie info.

As an example, this is from my google session just now:

C:\Documents and Settings\Customer\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\LJGK2QUB\mail.google.com\wakeup.sol

• 9 months later...

Just as a Ref for people using Windows 7:

If you ever need to refer to the Application Data directory, just type %appdata% in the Run dialog box, the Start menu search box, or at the command prompt. Also, if you are looking to use it in a batch file or a script, you definitely want to make use of the environment variable.

--

Great way to just check what's being saved and stored by apps for deleting/automating things.

Hope that helps ;)

• 2 years later...

Really awesome post.  This save my behind on a few projects.  Why wouldn't this be included in ubot?  Just a thought.

FG

Not sure why it's not included, but you can also shell out to CCleaner to clear all the cookies. Just do shell then path to CCleaner.exe /AUTO