UBot Underground

Facebook problem with inputting Likes/Interests

Hi,

I'm running into a problem with facebook. I want to use Ubot to enter field selections into http://www.facebook.com/editprofile.php?sk=interests

When you do this manually, you would (1) type in a selection in a field -for example type in "Shakira" in Music +[enter]-, then that selection would be temporarily saved.

After you type in all your selections, you would (2) click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the page and then get a facebook message "Your changes have been saved"

----------

When I try doing this in UBot, any selection I make in (1) does not get temporarily saved. In addition, I oddly get the success message from (2) "Your changes have been saved"

I attached a simple script to demonstrate this. Running the script in a subwindow has no effect.

Thanks

FB Likes_Interests.ubot

OK, here is where it gets really really weird. If i click and run each node separately, I can get this to work. If I run the bot, then it doesn't work and in addition I get a premature "Your changes have been saved" facebook message.

The critical node "send keys field chosen"/[$new line] -when run as part of the bot- seems to act differently versus independently clicking the node and running the node.

To further illustrate this, I inserted a "pause script" command right before the "send keys field chosen"/[$new line]. I ran the bot, and after it paused I manually clicked and ran the "send keys field chosen"/[$new line] node and it worked.

Is it possible that "send keys field chosen"/[$new line] -when run as part of a bot- is somehow effecting a secondary hard stop that is missing when run as a node? ie. when run independently as a node, it then allows the FB field to process/respond. However, when the bot is run as a whole, this process/respond seems to get cut off.

• 1 month later...

What I have figured out so far is -

If you chose the field then send chosen keys with what you want to be typed in. What needs to happen is for the drop down suggestion to load. Then once that pops up you can chose one of the options and then click chosen.

The problem is the bot does not activate the drop down suggestion, even with send chosen keys.

This is the javascript on the field. Not sure this will trigger it, but worth a try.

onfocus="return wait_for_load(this, event, function() {JSCC.get('j4c4f8c48436225a3cd26b1').init(["setPhotoOnSelect"]); ;});"

How could I get the bot to run this javascript?