UBot Underground

Newb Here with Ubot

Hey guys, I just bought UBot and thought this would be gravy for me right off the bat, but I am so wrong. I have spent the last 2 hours trying to do the most basic things. I am also using the newer version which seems confusing after viewing what appears to be tutorials from the old version. arggghhhh! Oh well, I'm gonna give it some time, and I hope all you advanced peeps will put up with my many questions to come.

Thanks, JC

Hey guys, I just bought UBot and thought this would be gravy for me right off the bat, but I am so wrong. I have spent the last 2 hours trying to do the most basic things. I am also using the newer version which seems confusing after viewing what appears to be tutorials from the old version. arggghhhh! Oh well, I'm gonna give it some time, and I hope all you advanced peeps will put up with my many questions to come.

Thanks, JC

Hi JC,

Stick with it - it is worth it. Ubot can be very frustrating at times but once you have a breakthrough it all seems worth it.

Ignore the interface on the old version and just focus on the bot that gets built as the commands haven't changed.

When you get stuck just ask, there's a lot of ubotters here that are happy to help, and when you get good at ubot just remember to give back by helping out others :-)

Andy

Hey there, I know exactly what you're feeling haha. I was really frustrated when I first bought it, and now I'm more than glad I made the purchase. (I bought it 5 - 6 days ago)

I made a really quick tutorial going over how I fill out a form for a free sample. Personally, I think it'll help you out as a big stepping stone, cause the stuff I do in the tutorial is stuff you'll be using everytime you make something with ubot :)

Enjoy!

http://www.wikifortio.com/504747/Tutorial.rar

password is teejay

Don't freak out right off the bat, it may look like what I'm doing is ridiculously difficult. Just give it some time, keep looking at what I'm doing. And #1 tip: practice the exact same thing in ubot as you watch the video.

I also went ahead and attached the script I use for the tutorial. I hope you don't actually download it as you should just be following the video :)

arm&hammer2.ubot

• Like 1

Thanks so much for those positive replies guys. I am not going to give up on this beast. I think this tool is amazing and I feel dumb for not having found it sooner. Just to give you guys a heads up... The first bot I really want to make is a scraper bot that can scrape articles and then spit each article in a text file. I watched Aarons videos of his ezine article scraper, but when I loaded the file he had to edit it wouldn't work.

Hey there, I know exactly what you're feeling haha. I was really frustrated when I first bought it, and now I'm more than glad I made the purchase. (I bought it 5 - 6 days ago)

I made a really quick tutorial going over how I fill out a form for a free sample. Personally, I think it'll help you out as a big stepping stone, cause the stuff I do in the tutorial is stuff you'll be using everytime you make something with ubot :)

Enjoy!

http://www.wikifortio.com/504747/Tutorial.rar

password is teejay

Don't freak out right off the bat, it may look like what I'm doing is ridiculously difficult. Just give it some time, keep looking at what I'm doing. And #1 tip: practice the exact same thing in ubot as you watch the video.

I also went ahead and attached the script I use for the tutorial. I hope you don't actually download it as you should just be following the video :)

Hey man thanks for putting those tutorials together. They were really great. I'd love to see any more you make.

Thanks.

Barista.

Hey man thanks for putting those tutorials together. They were really great. I'd love to see any more you make.

Thanks.

Barista.

No problem, glad you enjoyed it :)

I'll be making some more soon. If you have any specific requests let me know.