UBot Underground

Is this possible with UBot?

I am considering purchasing UBot for automating Ezine submission, but I would also like to know if it can do somehthing else...

I am interested in creating a UBot script that would:

- make file copies on my PC

- pull values from a CSV

- use those values to replace text strings in files

I think this is more of a "Visual Basic for Applications" type of script since it doesn't involve any browser work. This script is more about file copies and text replacement.

Do you think it is possible to use UBot to make a script like this?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Ubot is more of a browser animation program. If you are looking more at file manipulation, take a peek at macro scheduler or a like program.

Frank

I am considering purchasing UBot for automating Ezine submission, but I would also like to know if it can do somehthing else...

I am interested in creating a UBot script that would:

- make file copies on my PC

- pull values from a CSV

- use those values to replace text strings in files

I think this is more of a "Visual Basic for Applications" type of script since it doesn't involve any browser work. This script is more about file copies and text replacement.

Do you think it is possible to use UBot to make a script like this?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Although Ubot is really designed to work with the browser it has enough text handling options to do things like this. I have a bot that processes a folder full of text files and formats them up for use by another bot which posts them to the web.

What ubot doesn't do with its built in commands there are ways around. For example in the scripting section of this forum you will find some string handling libraries which give you even more control.

You can also execute Javascript if you need to, this really opens up a bunch of possibilities.

Andy

Yes you folks are right, but the question wasn't about automating browser activities, but automating file activities. Truly, ubot can do these things but it's definitely not the strong point of ubot. The program I mentioned is much better at this task, plus others.

And I won't deny that ubot absolutely shines at browser automation! ;)

Frank