UBot Underground

What's the trick with yahoo email reg's?

I can do everything but successfully click the "Create my account" button. Well, i take that back. I click it, but it brings me to the yahoo front page instead of my email screen and apparently doesn't create my new email account :D

Am I missing a javascript call? I'm def clicking the button, i just think i'm missing something. Oh, and what's this about a proxy trick that you can do to register multiple new accounts without getting ghosted or flagged? I heard you can do some kind of proxy identifier in the url of the reg screen that makes yahoo think you're coming from elsewhere...

Hi cervant,

I have experienced this before, and I don't think this is a problem with your bot. I think it is a problem with the Yahoo site itself. The first time i press the button, it always brings me to the yahoo front page. Try to register again two or three times, and it should work for you then.

Cheers,

Infinity

I can do everything but successfully click the "Create my account" button. Well, i take that back. I click it, but it brings me to the yahoo front page instead of my email screen and apparently doesn't create my new email account :D

Am I missing a javascript call? I'm def clicking the button, i just think i'm missing something. Oh, and what's this about a proxy trick that you can do to register multiple new accounts without getting ghosted or flagged? I heard you can do some kind of proxy identifier in the url of the reg screen that makes yahoo think you're coming from elsewhere...

Ok, it's definitely an issue with the javascript hooks. Does anyone manually trip them in their own yahoo email creator bots or do you just parse through the fields with delays between each form field? I wish we could somehow simulate pressing the tab key to help trip the javascript calls. I think because i'm not hitting the java calls around the password entry forms (to test password strength), it's invalidating the whole email creation.

I just made one about 15 minutes ago and it works flawlessly... I'm just having a super impossible time trying to save my list of emails created to a text file. The txt file only has the last email created every time :(

I'll take a quick look at your file.

Edit >> Honestly, I click the button the same way as you are, and mine works. You should try using a public proxy to do this and see if that helps. Mine works a bit differently in the sense that I set a public proxy with the UI controls and I also set a # of yahoo emails to create. Whatever # the user specifies is how many accounts will be created.

Edot2 >> What are you changing to "True" just before the click?? There is no check box on my reg pages..

I just made one about 15 minutes ago and it works flawlessly... I'm just having a super impossible time trying to save my list of emails created to a text file. The txt file only has the last email created every time :(

I'll take a quick look at your file.

Edit >> Honestly, I click the button the same way as you are, and mine works. You should try using a public proxy to do this and see if that helps. Mine works a bit differently in the sense that I set a public proxy with the UI controls and I also set a # of yahoo emails to create. Whatever # the user specifies is how many accounts will be created.

Edot2 >> What are you changing to "True" just before the click?? There is no check box on my reg pages..

Ok, that true click was a remnant..just took that out. I think the yahoo reg is screwing up because the javascript that checks the password strength is NOT being triggered..not sure how to trigger that field.

David

I had trouble with this too, and I discovered it's something to do with the referrer. If you go directly to the signup page, when you click the button it'll take you back to the home page. But if you go the the login page, and click the sign up button, THEN fill the form & click the button it'll complete as normal. That's what made it work for me.

just tested my yahoo bot and it doesn't work anymore, something about not entering the birthdate, the issue I had couple months back was that the country selector need to fire some javascript that wasn't documentated in the page,

This fixed it

var fireOnThis = document.getElementById('country');
if( document.createEventObject ) {
fireOnThis.selectedIndex = 231;
fireOnThis.fireEvent('onchange');
} 

231 was the index of the country I was trying to select.