UBot Underground

why is there timeout (in seconds) for wait finish

hi guys,

super newbie here but...

in the tutorial videos, the "wait finish" basically waits for the page to finish loading.

when i am using "wait finish" now, there is a timeout (in seconds) and the default is 30... what does this mean?

that it simply waits 30 seconds regardless? or that it will wait until the page is finish loading?

thanks.

Well IE got the problem that it sometimes get stuck and just keep on loading. So our bots wasn't really on autopilot - you'd have to check up on it every 10th minute.

Thats why we 'invented' this feature that it waits for a maximum of X seconds, and if the page still isn't loaded, then the bot will regardless continue with the script.

Well IE got the problem that it sometimes get stuck and just keep on loading. So our bots wasn't really on autopilot - you'd have to check up on it every 10th minute.

Thats why we 'invented' this feature that it waits for a maximum of X seconds, and if the page still isn't loaded, then the bot will regardless continue with the script.

i see!

so basically whatever value we put it, it will wait that amount of seconds, regardless if the page loads?

Very good feature. Sometimes when you are automating Google, the screen delays but about 35-40 seconds. I'll normally bump up the delay to 90 seconds for google. Keeps the bot working 100%!

Frank

• 4 weeks later...

After the timer expires I would like it to go back to the begining. I dont want to walk away for an hour and come back to see it just stopped. Perhaps it should have an "if else" type statement that says if the time expires and the page has not loaded then refresh the page.

Either that or have the ability to set a ubot preference in the main file menu that allows me to set the error message to hit continue or stop script by default after 10 seconds. Then build my own if else statement to return to the begining.

After the timer expires I would like it to go back to the begining. I dont want to walk away for an hour and come back to see it just stopped. Perhaps it should have an "if else" type statement that says if the time expires and the page has not loaded then refresh the page.

Either that or have the ability to set a ubot preference in the main file menu that allows me to set the error message to hit continue or stop script by default after 10 seconds. Then build my own if else statement to return to the begining.

You can do a search after the page should have loaded for something that should be present. I had a problem with a login page loading so I increased the timeout and then did an "if search" afterwards to double check the page had loaded and I could proceed.

But I agree it would be useful to more easily detect if the timeout occured.

Andy

You can do a search after the page should have loaded for something that should be present. I had a problem with a login page loading so I increased the timeout and then did an "if search" afterwards to double check the page had loaded and I could proceed.

But I agree it would be useful to more easily detect if the timeout occured.

Andy

Great solution to that exact problem Andy!

Frank