UBot Underground

Building a better GUI

I'd like to throw my two cents into the ring as I think that there is a ton of room for improvement in being able to create the gui interface necessary to do the job on a compiled bot. It would be absolutely awesome to be able to have the bot running hidden and present a completely customized gui to the user. This may not be possible, but maybe tying it to vbasic or the such and permit one to create a gui and load it into ubot would be something.

Yes, I know that this tool is designed with simplicity in mind, but I'll tell you something. There's nothing in terms of ease of web automation that matches much of ubots functionality. But ubot seems to stumble in the presentation.

Whereas, vb is uber easy in the creation of in interface but completely complex to do web automation.

Something to think about.

Frank

Totally agreed mate. Any way for a chip like me to get involved on the programming end?

Frank

Yupp, something have to be done in the close future. But I think taking care of bugs and minor enhancements etc is a more valuable thing right now.

But yes, definitely something to think about.

I agree that the UI could be far more flexible, and one of the areas that ubot is lacking most is in options for compiled bots (ex. i would love to be able to set the onload url, so the bot opens to a webpage instead of a white blank upon opening), but in the long run I'd say that UI flexibility is an improvement that can wait a good while yet. There's lots of long needed improvements still on the waiting list to improve the actual functionality of ubot that are far more key than making compiled bots look prettier for the end user.

Hi Jewcat,

Thanks for your comment, and I may have found a way to do just that. I'll be experiementing in future days to create a better gui.

But the gui is vitally important, in my opinion. Being a bot seller, the looks to the user are important.

Frank