UBot Underground

Compiled bot has a virus: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml

My Windows 10 Defender and also Gmail attachment scan says that there is a avirus on my compiled bot. The virus is: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml

My computer is super clean and new and I have no viruses and also did the whole recommended procedure already which is remove the whole Ubot and also from the appdata folder and reinstal and open in the administrator mode, etc... the problem is not that I cannot open Ubot, but that my compiled bots are scanned as containing a virus.....Please advise.

Hi. This is a known issue. However, it is a false positive. You have at least 2 options:

1. Windows Defender (Windows Security), add the bot folder to the Exclusions (exclude folder from checks), as well as the folder "%APPDATA%\UBot Studio".

2. Alternatively, add Exclusion for file type exe (type in ".exe" without the quotes).

Option 2 will allow any exe files to execute without those checks, option 1 is enough. But you need to keep the bot in the same folder as it is.

Example: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security-811816c0-4dfd-af4a-47e4-c301afe13b26

If you have any 3rd party anti virus software running, they need also the same exceptions then.

Thank you but what kind of solution is this? How can I sell my compiled bots to customers if they are getting a virus alert and it's also not possible to send in a gmail as it is blocked as being a virus.. This is like the worst marketing ever.

Put it in a zip file, password protected. Plus explain the customers that it needs such exclusions becasue it is compiled using UBot Studio.

It is very common that self compiled software in C# has such issues.

Examples:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52380454/false-virus-trojan-alert-on-fresh-created-c-sharp-exe-file-when-downloaded-from

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/75260440/how-come-my-code-causes-my-antivirus-software-to-prevent-it-from-running-the-exe

Without a digital certificate it happens a lot. It is a known issue for many programmers.

It may be common for some low quality software, is this where Ubot wants to belong now? - the trash - low level softwares that cannot solve the most important thing when it comes to app - the trust? Can you imagine that you would get this on a well known software you buy, let's say Photoshop, or anything?

It is becasue of the code signing. On every compile the developer would need to sign it with a PERSONAL trust certificate.

Becasue the author is the responsible person for the code of the end product and what it does. Not necessarily the tool providers.

Every language, tool and method has it's upsides and downsides.

I know this is a hard issue. Unfortunately it is not easy to be solved.

Plus I am a plugin developer, not part of UBot's software dev team.

You know but the thing is that the reason doesn't matter at all. The owner of the software decides if he has a limited mind and wants to belong to the low class or wants to go to the at least normal class - there is nothing normal about having a software showing a virus alert on all computers and even Gmail block

Just now, PRO said:

Please research before you say that. Research programmer sites not end user sites.

Using an iPhone is easy, building it is not.

I have been a programmer in tens of programming languages for over 20 years and when somebody told me something is impossible, that's where I mostly enjoyed creating those impossible programs.

Okay. That's great. Then you are aware of everything.

I think it is a specific niche. Either going cloud-based and pay per usage, or compile self and deal with everything yourself.

And for the hardcore folks, coding from scratch, I guess.

I just don't like the attitude that this is normal - the right answer should be that, OK it's the current problem but we are working on it. From what you said I have a feeling like nobody really plans on working to remove this crucial problem asap. I actually have a similar feeling on the overall development of Ubot.