UBot Underground

WHy does "Save Chosen Image" take a screencap as opposed to actually saving the image?

This does not make any sense to me whatsoever. Is there a way to actually just save the image instead of saving some ugly screencap of the image that needs to be manually cropped to be usable? I'm not understanding the logic behind this at all as it stands now. I'm no expert coder, but wouldn't it have been easier for uBot to just perform a Save as command and actually save the image instead of going through all the steps to screencapture it? Really doesn't make sense, which is a shame because I was so looking forward to making use of the image scraping function.

Am I missing something here?

ok yeah. the reason I did it like that is that occasionally the webbrowser will calculate the position of the element incorrectly and it chops part of it off. to counteract this, I made it collect just a little outside of the bounds. if you need a clean image, using brute force will make it look a little nicer.

It's really not that great setup this way, bruteforce or otherwise. i'm looking at putting something together that builds photo galleries from adult FHGs, and the galleries look terrible with all that extra cropping around the edges. I guess I'm just confused why the image can't just be saved to the HD as it is loaded through the ubot browser. I mean, ubot uses IE as it's base, is there no way to automate "Save Image As" and just save the actual image at actual quality as opposed to screenshotting the image? the object is loaded, it shouldn't be too hard to just save it is is, no? Seems like going the long way around for a lower quality end product to me.

It's really not that great setup this way, bruteforce or otherwise. i'm looking at putting something together that builds photo galleries from adult FHGs, and the galleries look terrible with all that extra cropping around the edges. I guess I'm just confused why the image can't just be saved to the HD as it is loaded through the ubot browser. I mean, ubot uses IE as it's base, is there no way to automate "Save Image As" and just save the actual image at actual quality as opposed to screenshotting the image? the object is loaded, it shouldn't be too hard to just save it is is, no? Seems like going the long way around for a lower quality end product to me.

this is actually not a bad idea. when I finish the infrastructure changes to ubot that I'm doing now, I'll go ahead and add a "download file" command, with which you can put in a url and a file name to save it to. how would that be?

Being able to save files and name them is a MUST. I really want to be able to save text files and open them back up in ubot (by reusing the save location and file name variables to open those files).

Remember, SAVE AS, not SAVE!

Agreed

Ah nuts this was the next problem I was having with my bot, I need it to save images to the HD and retain their file names. Guess I get to wait for this feature.

I'm using a piece of php on my server. The bot inputs a directory name in a text input, and a list of scraped image URLs into another text input. The files are then loaded directly to my server for working with. had it hacked together by a coder on DP. Only issue is that it seems to drop about 20% of the images without fully downloading them.

Still can't wait for an actual Save As feature to come along.