UBot Underground

Idea for a New "Section" on the Forum

I'm a member of many different forums, as I'm sure many of you are.

If you go to one of your favorite forums, one that is very active and vibrant, really take a look at it for a minute. Then, come back to this one. See anything different (other than the fact that we have less members)?

I noticed that this forum right now is basically "problem driven" as opposed to "conversation driven"

Just look at the "General Discussion" section - 161 Topics/757 Replies

Now, look at the other two:

Scripting - 447 Topics/1887 Replies

uBot Support - 485 Topics/1658 Replies

The issue with a "problem driven" forum is that once the problem is resolved, the conversation takes what it's natural course is...it stops.

Now, a "conversation driven" one has no natural course...other than to keep going.

So, what about a new section on the forum here entitled something like: "Ideas to Use uBot For" or "Why & Where to Use uBot" or "What Are You uBotting Right Now & Why" or something like that? (I'm sure there are many better ideas for a title, but you get the idea)

Those that don't own uBot would be interested to see and actually read about the thousands of uses for uBot, as proposed by actual uBot owners.

It would create more "energy" in the forum...you know: debate, discussion, produced bots, examples, etc. (all things that are likely to be linked to and discussed outside the forum.

It would create more "forum joiners". Who are the people that are most active on this forum right now? People that own uBot. That's because if you don't own it, you are only here to ask a question...you can't really offer much input because you don't have any knowledge about it. The only input a non-owner can offer is a question...and once it's answered that's the end of the discussion (basically).

This way, we keep the "problem driven" part of the forum here (as it is an absolute necessity in my opinion), but we also get the other aspect of what makes a really great forum..."conversation driven topics"

(again, this is all just my opinion, and I'm sure some won't agree...but, it's an idea nonetheless. What's your take on this post?)

i think if idea and development discussions were to take place then that part of the forum should be kept private...dudes could be developing bots for resale and since the compiled bots have that powered by ubot link on them...it will lead a customer right here and if he can pretty much find out all he needs to make the same bot...well then bye bye customer...also...i think there isnt much discussion here becuz dudes are busy building bots...i know when i get knee deep in a project...i sometimes forget to eat...much less chat on a forum...but to each his own. :)

The 'problem' is that the forum is open for everyone to read, and people doesn't want to give away bigger ideas and projects which someone else (people outside ubot) could make money of. So they rather keep it to themselves.

This will probably be 'solved' in the underground part of the forum since it will be locked for public.

But Natureboy also makes a good point, people wants to build bots -- and forgets about everything else, haha.

@ Natureboy & alcr -> It's funny, I didn't even think of that (losing money and providing ideas to outsiders)...both valid points...

(inserting foot into mouth)

Oh, and alcr, I liked your use of quoted problem & solved :)

I do believe in sharing, and if someone else wants to make my bot ideas for commercial distro, more power to them. I don't intend to distribute so I don't see any reason to keep my ideas secret. But if I was distributing stuff, I would be wary of posting it where anyone can copy it. If the underground is open to people in their first 30 days, then it's almost the same as posting stuff in public. Some food for thought.