UBot Underground

Web 2.0 Account Sign ups

I'm creating a bot that will sign up and eventually post content to web 2.0 sites. For some reason I can't get ubot to fill out the form on the sign up page for bravenet - http://www.bravenet.com/signup/signup.php

I've tried choosing by every attribute there is as well as inner and outer html and it just won't fill out the text fields. Any suggestions?

Did you remember to change chosen attribute?

Yes, with the bot I'm making there are a few other sites so far that the forms get filled out perfectly but for some reason I wasn't able to get the forms on bravenet to fill in the same way.

Is there a way to use send keys to send a variable? I'm trying to fill in a username and pulling it from the UI isn't working. I can use send keys to fill in the username if I type the username into the "enter some text" box in the send key parameters. I don't want to use the same username when I sign up for new accounts and I need to get the info from the UI into the username text box on the site. (Note: this time it's not for bravenet, I'm creating a different bot now.)

edit: After messing with it some more, even more weird things are happening. If I use send keys field chosen with a user name account constant it will fill in a random username. But, I can't get the send keys field chosen to fill it in with the username I enter into the UI. AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!

It's probably obvious that I am NOT a programmer, I sure wish this whole thing was a little more intuitive for someone with no programming background. I see huge potential with ubot but I'm struggling to get even simple things done (without the aid of a step by step tutorial video, then I'm fine.)

I'm trying to sign up here: http://www.webnewswire.com/user/register

I can't get the username filled in with a UI variable. I can get it filled in with a random username using the user name constant but I want to be able to fill it in with the UI variable.

I discovered a stupid mistake I made on the webnewswire site and it works now. I'll still have to try the bravenet site but that will have to wait.