UBot Underground

Task Scheduler and Command Line

okay, I'm trying to set up a task scheduler to run a script for me every morning. if I compile the bot, then I can get task scheduler to open the .exe, but then the script doesn't start. is it still true that task scheduler will only run .exe's and that ubot.exe's won't accept command line parameters?

Also, can I have more than one script in a bot and designate which script to run through the command line parameters? Or is there something that i have to put into my script so that it will run when the command line sends the /auto command?

That is interesting Turbo but from my understanding when the term command line is used it is referring to DOS. Now if someone would be so kind as to show us what the command line would look like to run a bot automatically that would be badass.

Yes you can get it to run a .ubot

For a scheduler you would enter something like.

c:\ubot\ubotname.ubot /play

or

c:\ubot\ubotname.ubot /auto

Play will just play it while auto will close when done.

You can use the windows scheduler to do this or you can download a free one.

okay, if i run c:\ubot\ubotname.ubot /auto, then does my ubotname.ubot have to only contain one script so that ubot knows which script to run when it opens or do i do something in the bot to designate which script to run on open?

okay, if i run c:\ubot\ubotname.ubot /auto, then does my ubotname.ubot have to only contain one script so that ubot knows which script to run when it opens or do i do something in the bot to designate which script to run on open?

What it will do is open the bot and hit play.

So whatever happens when you open your .ubot and hit play is what it will do. I only have 1 script per .ubot file so I really wouldn't have your issue and I doubt you can tell it which one to run by the command line. You can always program it in the .ubot on where to start.

What it will do is open the bot and hit play.

So whatever happens when you open your .ubot and hit play is what it will do. I only have 1 script per .ubot file so I really wouldn't have your issue and I doubt you can tell it which one to run by the command line. You can always program it in the .ubot on where to start.

I can't get this to work at all.

I'm running 64bit vista. i only have one script in my bot. (the bot, ofcourse, works when i open it manually and then click play.)

but I can't get my bot to run from the command line..

I'm clicking Start, Run, then typing in:

C:\ubots\bots\mybot.ubot /auto

the bot opens, but doesn't start running. what am I doing wrong here?

Try this instead:

C:\wherever\ubot\is\ubotdevtool.exe "C:\wherever\your\bot\is\botname.ubot" /auto

:)

Well that worked (of course) Jeez I would have never come up with that in a million years. Good thing we have a forum aye? Thanks, Jim.