UBot Underground

Installing Plugins/Themes Through Wordpress

Hey,

I've run into one problem so far while making a bot to install WP themes and plugins: When I find a theme or a plugin I want in the "Add New" part of the dashboard, and I click "Install", a popup window pops up with a description and another button to really install the item.

However, I can't seem to get ubot to click on that second button. Choose by attribute and choose by position don't work. Anyone know how to get it working? Thanks!

Hi Hannah! Glad you're here! It's nice to see so many familiar faces..ur usernames... around here.

(Oh and I have no help for you with your question, sorry, but I'm sure some of the brainiacs around here will)

Hi Hannah! Glad you're here! It's nice to see so many familiar faces..ur usernames... around here.

(Oh and I have no help for you with your question, sorry, but I'm sure some of the brainiacs around here will)

Hehe thanks, it really is nice, I love seeing people I'm used to too!! I'm terrible with ubot right now but I'm getting better (99% of my code is "choose by attribute -> click chosen -> wait finish")

Hey,

I've run into one problem so far while making a bot to install WP themes and plugins: When I find a theme or a plugin I want in the "Add New" part of the dashboard, and I click "Install", a popup window pops up with a description and another button to really install the item.

However, I can't seem to get ubot to click on that second button. Choose by attribute and choose by position don't work. Anyone know how to get it working? Thanks!

Would you mind posting a screenshot of the window/button you're having trouble getting uBot to select/click on?

simple ;)

instead of clicking the link, just navigate to:

/wp-admin/update.php?action=install-plugin&plugin=wp-show-unresponded-comments&_wpnonce=81f0083ff4

so you need just $plugin name and $_wponce to get earlier and you're ready to go ;)

have fun ;)

The way to get around this issue is to avoid going to the iframe in the first instance!

Open WP in a normal browser window and look at the urls that you want to vist to install the software and you will see something like:

http: // www. DOMAIN NAME .com/wp-admin/plugin-install.php?tab=plugin-information&plugin=akismet&TB_iframe=true&width=640&height=483

SO if you 'nav' to :

http: // www. DOMAIN NAME .com/wp-admin/plugin-install.php?tab=plugin-information&plugin=akismet

then you may be surprised!!!!

Then select the Install button by href and wildcards and * the wpnonce variable as this will vary blog by blog.

Then click chosen and watch what happens!

HTH

Going directly to where you NEED to be rather than navigating through loads of menus makes bots a lot simpler!

• 1 year later...