UBot Underground

navigating through gmail

I am having a bit of trouble having the bot pull up an email once it is in gmail. For example lets say I registered at a website and it sent a confirmation email from "Admin". I would have ubot choose by attribute named Admin and then click on it right? Doesn't seem to work like that.

Also, lets say we get the email to open up and there is an email formatted like this:

Username: user_name_I_chose

Password: computer_gen_pw

The username is a UI control, so I am not worried about getting that copied, but I would like to have this pw copied and then entered on the next login screen the bot pulls up. Right now it is saving this pw into a list, inserting the list item on the next login screen, then clearing the list (it is in a loop). is this the best way?

Thank you for your help!

I am having a bit of trouble having the bot pull up an email once it is in gmail. For example lets say I registered at a website and it sent a confirmation email from "Admin". I would have ubot choose by attribute named Admin and then click on it right? Doesn't seem to work like that.

Also, lets say we get the email to open up and there is an email formatted like this:

Username: user_name_I_chose

Password: computer_gen_pw

The username is a UI control, so I am not worried about getting that copied, but I would like to have this pw copied and then entered on the next login screen the bot pulls up. Right now it is saving this pw into a list, inserting the list item on the next login screen, then clearing the list (it is in a loop). is this the best way?

Thank you for your help!

I also am having similar problem with Hotmail - selecting/clicking appropriate email in a list.

As for your second problem... a more comfortable solution is to use parameter variables.

Say if you're scraping the data in one sub and then trying to call another one you can declare a parameter variable within the second one and pass the scraped value to it.

Cheers

I did this and had it work on Yahoo and Gmail. I think what I did is you need to select something that is going to be unique on that page and select the attribute and click it.

So whatever the email title is you should use a majority of the text. "Email Verification Required For ****". Or whatever it is.

I did this and had it work on Yahoo and Gmail. I think what I did is you need to select something that is going to be unique on that page and select the attribute and click it.

So whatever the email title is you should use a majority of the text. "Email Verification Required For ****". Or whatever it is.

I tried that and it wouldnt click. For this example I was looking for an email from the sender "Wordpress", then trying to click on it.

Any example you can provide would be helpful. Thanks!

For this example I was looking for an email from the sender "Wordpress", then trying to click on it.

How are you "looking" for it? I ask because I was having a similar problem in hotmail/live. I was doing a wildcard search page and for some reason that just didn't work. I switched it to Choose attribute > innerhtml with the keyword and wildcard. That worked for me.

The problem with clicking in this case (at least inside of Hotmail) is that clicking action opens a separate window outside of UBOT browser so you're screwed in that sense.

I also tried to select with wild card and than scrape either page or chosen attribute. In either case the scrape was unsuccessful. Either the resulting list has no items or I encountered index out of range error while trying to set the variable.

How are you "looking" for it? I ask because I was having a similar problem in hotmail/live. I was doing a wildcard search page and for some reason that just didn't work. I switched it to Choose attribute > innerhtml with the keyword and wildcard. That worked for me.

Many thanks. innerhtml worked! How little sometimes one need for local happiness.