UBot Underground

Bot passing data to other bots

I was thinking of purchasing a ubot license as I now outsource a ton of stuff. Maybe 75% of it I could eliminate with ubot.

I have a question - there are so many steps to do - from finding niche, keyword research, open accounts, verify accounts, post stuff, backlink, social bookmark etc.

I would think it would be simple to break stuff down like you do normally and create maybe 10-15 bots to automate various portions that they are singularly focused at.

Can you have a bot launch another bot when its done with a certain task AND pass data too it, AKA global variables type stuff.

This may have been talked about or discussed already but I was unable to find anything useful by searching.

Thank you for any assistance.

Chris

Yes this is possible. You can build individual scripts and control the order in which they run. Its not exactly done with what you are thinking. When you create a bot in Ubot Dev Studio you can add as many scripts to it as you want. Each script can be called from another script. In ubot the way a script is called is by run sub. Same functionality but with some different terminology.

With the bots I have that run multiple task I build each script into a sub. I create a main script that basically manages these subs. This is very useful for organization and debugging. All of these subs are in 1 complete bot. So for simplicity sake, look at the subs as individual scripts that make up the parts to a complete bot. This may sound like a bunch of work but trust me its not.

Also, you do not have to use subs if you do not want to. You can write your bot from start to finish and combine all facets of individual scripts.

Yes this is possible. You can build individual scripts and control the order in which they run. Its not exactly done with what you are thinking. When you create a bot in Ubot Dev Studio you can add as many scripts to it as you want. Each script can be called from another script. In ubot the way a script is called is by run sub. Same functionality but with some different terminology.

With the bots I have that run multiple task I build each script into a sub. I create a main script that basically manages these subs. This is very useful for organization and debugging. All of these subs are in 1 complete bot. So for simplicity sake, look at the subs as individual scripts that make up the parts to a complete bot. This may sound like a bunch of work but trust me its not.

Also, you do not have to use subs if you do not want to. You can write your bot from start to finish and combine all facets of individual scripts.

Ah, ok that seems like an acceptable way. Another general question:

If you chain a bunch together, or do subs like you stated, at what point does it get bogged down - meaning the execution is noticeably slower or that does not really happen. Are the bots able to be multi threaded at all or would they do 1 task then 2nd task then third etc. Additionally, can they interact with MySQL, reading and writing?

Thanks for the help

Ah, ok that seems like an acceptable way. Another general question:

If you chain a bunch together, or do subs like you stated, at what point does it get bogged down - meaning the execution is noticeably slower or that does not really happen. Are the bots able to be multi threaded at all or would they do 1 task then 2nd task then third etc. Additionally, can they interact with MySQL, reading and writing?

Thanks for the help

I'm pretty sure the bots are not multithreaded though I think this is something that may be in the pipeline? I'm sure someone will comment there :D

You can administrate MySQL through a the web interface so yes, MySQL functions can be manipulated by Ubot :D

• 10 months later...

Hello,

For sake of making small simple modules I am compiling each process as an executable. When I try to chain one event to the next I get an a error "Xenocode Postbuild 2008" The application was unable to load required virtual machine component. Please contact the publisher of this application for more information.

I have tried to fix this by using batch files with a delay in them while I terminate the current process via taskkill. Anyone get this to work yet, is this a bug in the current build?

For sake of making small simple modules I am compiling each process as an executable.

Do you mean each script?

When I try to chain one event to the next I get an a error "Xenocode Postbuild 2008" The application was unable to load required virtual machine component. Please contact the publisher of this application for more information.

What do you mean by "chain one event to the next"?

Do you mean you are using the include command?

If so, you can only include .ubot files, not compiled .exe's.

Hello,

For sake of making small simple modules I am compiling each process as an executable. When I try to chain one event to the next I get an a error "Xenocode Postbuild 2008" The application was unable to load required virtual machine component. Please contact the publisher of this application for more information.

I have tried to fix this by using batch files with a delay in them while I terminate the current process via taskkill. Anyone get this to work yet, is this a bug in the current build?

What VM software do you use?

I have a few VMs that run Ubot and compiled bots, I use Virtual box with XP 64 installed on it.