UBot Underground

Anyone figured regular expressions?

Regexes are very powerful, but also a pain to understand and write.

Basically, regexes are a pattern language, that enables you to define patterns to search for.

Simple example: a . in a regex can stand for ANY sign.

a.c

Would then find abc, a c, azc, aac, ahc, etc...

a * stands for (any number of) so a.*c would find abc, but also azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzc

etc...

To learn and master regular expressions is an art in and of itself.

I normally avoid them if I can.

::emp::

Yea, regex is powerful stuff. In my offline world, i use regex to find illegal activity via computer forensics which allows me to find credit cards numbers, phone numbers, etc located on hard drive media. Still wrapping my head around where to use it in my bots. Make no mistake though, regex may be tough, but it's invaluable to know once you figure out what you want to do with it.

Ok, seems we are getting somewhere, could you guys(who used this with ubot) just lay down some examples how to use it?

Since reg exp is found when choosing attributes i am assuming they are used to locate anything on the website and chose it by attribute right? Now good thing would be to have some examples to sart with this...