UBot Underground

I have a complicated bot with multiple threads running commands in an Exbrowser Firefox window, each of them. Everything is working fine until I start to try and run it automatically - meaning using a method to automatically open the bot and run it.

I've already tried:

1.) Opening the bot in a batch file with parameter /auto - it opens the bot and automatically hits run and it seems to run OK at the beginning but then it just doesn't work properly - to me it looks like it does half of the commands that are in the script and just doesn't finish individual tasks in open windows, etc..

2.) I tried using the built-in Ubotstudio Scheduler - inside the Ubotstudio it works fine and I was actually happy that finally I could schedule the bot and it started and actually correctly did everything that was supposed to - It simply run correctly as if I manually clicked the play button. However, the compiled version again, doesn't work properly - I works even a lot worse than with the batch file and /auto parameter. This time it just runs lines of code and the the script continues infinitely - that's if I started it with a scheduled command. If I just hit play on that compiled bot with the scheduled tasks, it just runs for 2 seconds and then stops the script.

Have any of you noticed that the automatically run bots actually don't work the same way as if you MANUALLY click the PLAY button?? I just don't get it why it makes such a difference, if I click it manually, or if I start it with an /auto parameter or Ubot scheduler.

I'll be happy for any advice!

For the scheduler ensure everything can be ran from a command because its going to run that command and its different than hitting the run button which will run everything.

/auto should run everything though as far as I know.

Yes I programmed the bot so that everything can be run by running a single define command.

Regarding the /auto parameter, it really doesn't work the same way as if I just clicked the PLAY button manually. As ridiculous as it might sound, I'm thinking about creating another bot just to click the play button with a mouse movement system command..aarhhhh..

• 1 month later...

I still haven't found a solution for this and need to always manually navigate to the play button and put my finger on the mouse and click the stupid play button like this. No auto run even through a bat file or programmed in the ubot itself, nothing works, only manually.

And what's more, now I've found out that even when I put some website to the "splash page" settings when compiling the bot, and try to run it MANUALLY,  the bot then doesn't run properly - only the first 3 threads of the program and then it just looks like doesn't store some data or threads info or threads themselves time out or something as it does almost nothing although it still runs. - the same happens when I try to /auto run the bots using ubot commands or using a .bat file. THis is very weird...

Any help VERY MUCH appreciated!!

• 3 months later...

Same happens to me. I'm trying to click the play with winautomation because the /auto, onload, all don't work.

I had partial success with JavaScript, but it's a pain to work with that auto playing from the ide while coding or retouching the bot.

Just to clarify, the auto parameter starts the bot but the bot does not work as expected.

My temporary solution is send

Alt tab tab tab space to the bot window and activate the play button with an external macro.

Edited by flamerz
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this still not working for you guys? I am looking to fully automate a task now but wonder if its even worth trying. Since UBOT cannot be left running for hours or longer periods without navigating (it then just does not load any URL at all anymore), i need to schedule it to run say every 30 min and then close and repeat.

Was going to use the scheduler, but cannot test this as its important it works properly (does now when I run it manually_

I agree with HellInsomnia about the /auto switch.  BUT I will take it one step further.

Pull your code out of the Define commands and make sure that your code is running perfectly.  You may not have enough seconds inside your Waits.

The Define command works great but in my opinion it was not built for complete bots.  Putting hundreds of lines of code into a Define does not make sense to me plus it is virtually impossible to debug like a regular bot.  You cannot follow the flow.

I hardly ever use Defines except for short snippets that I know will not fail.

But again, that's my opinion.

Buddy