UBot Underground

Need To Replace Variable In Text Box With Value!

Hi Everyone,

I've made a ui text block, assigned a variable to it and now what I want is to replace every variable type in that content to be automatically replaced with the assigned value of that variable for example;

My name is {#var}.

I just want a button to automatically replace it with the value and post on browser screen or save it as a file.

Regards

I would start with the free tutorials first:

http://www.ubotstudio.com/tutorials

Also take a look at the wiki

http://wiki.ubotstudio.com/wiki/Main_Page

That's where I started. And then start with a small project.

Don't work on any big site like google, facebook, amazon or twitter first. They are very tricky sometimes and change often.

So you might run into some complicated stuff with those sites.

And then take it from there. I always learn the most when I work on a project. So you have some requirements and you need to find a solution for a specific problem.

Try to find a solution first. Use google and the forum. Look at the wiki.

And if you are stuck, ask a question in the forum.

It's always good to show people what you already tried. WIth some of your code. So the advanced guys here see that you actually tried something already and are not just one of the "lazy" guys who's not putting in any work himself and just looks for free consulting :-)

That way you will get a lot more replies here from the community.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Dan

• Like 1

Start a new topic for questions in future,as good information gets lost in threads that have multiple topics

I would suggest this free youtube tutorial series by Automation League,he used to be on this forum,he must have moved on,anyways its a classic,I owned Ubot for 6 months with no idea how to use it,I didn't like their standard tutorial series

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBS2_VJs2CPZSWZdQLMKbtx2Yd9P5sfxX

• Like 1

As an aspiring Ubot expert myself, i've invested alot into my Ubot education.  While I dont claim to be an expert in the software itself, I would argue that I am an expert in the best training material out there, lol.  Provided below is a list of sources to courses that you can take to aid you in your Ubot training:

1. Ubot Studio Tutorials - These are the free tutorial videos that you can watch.  Some of them are filmed by Frank Thomas (great instructor btw), and I believe some of them may have been filmed by Jason (dont quote me on that).

2. Ubot Wiki - Another set of free tutorials, however these are not videos.  Whats cool about the Wiki is that anybody can add to and edit the wiki, plus it has source code for all of the lessons in there that you can copy directly into Ubot to see how it works.  In my not so great experience one thing that i've found that helps is just picking a day and decided to go through all the data commands.  Try to learn and internalize it all, then pick a day to move on to the Flow commands, etc. etc. until you've gone through the entire list.

3. Ubot Buddy 30 Day Training - This is a 30 day course developed by one of the mods here UbotBuddy/Buddy Shearer.  The course is very good, he covers alot of detail but unfortunately he can a bit monotone.  Also his videos are on average 30 minutes long, so video length + monotone can sometimes = sleepy.  Make no mistake about the content that he covers though, its very good.  Buddy also provides a shit ton of source code for everything so you can learn directly from the source code itself.

4. Ubot Scraping Course - This is a course that focuses on scraping in Ubot, and is created by HelloInsomnia (another Ubot forum mod).  Very good clear and concise course focusing on teaching you the fundamentals of Ubot as it relates to scraping.

5. Beyond The Basics - This is HelloInsomnia's 2nd course where he delves a bit deeper into more intermediate to advanced concepts.  I honestly felt this course did a great job of covering some "basic" material as well, definitely a must buy.

6. Ubot Skype Group - The skype group is arguably the best resource we have.  So many expert users all in one place.  Typically it takes under a minute for a question to get answered.

7. Automation League - As Deliter mentioned, this is a great resource (and its free)

Best advice I can give is to go through the free materials first (Ubot Studio Tutorials, Wiki, Automation league).  You'll find a great deal of information in those, and you dont even have to pay for them.  After that you can supplement your training with the paid courses.