UBot Underground

Cant Open My Bots, Virus Warning

When i try to open some of my compiled bots, not all of them, then i get a virus warning from avg saying it removed a trojan named "msil9.auum" and then it blocks acces to the bot ?

It says here http://blog.yoocare.com/higher-aurum-browser-hijacker-removal-guide/that its a virus of some kind

is there something wrong or is it the virus program thats wrong ?

you know what the problem is? AVG. Truly the bottom of the barrel when it comes to antivirus. I've done desktop support for years and this package has made me more money than any other software removing it for real antivirus. Sorry, but that the truth of it.

I noticed this also after several clients contacted me freaking out because all their bots stopped working after avg flagged them and of course they clicked 'protect me' so the files were disabled. This is a pain in the behind and a huge disadvantage to us all. I have submitted and reported false positives to AVG half a dozen times already and asked my clients to as well (not sure if they actually did it though).

I appreciate the point Jason is making, however, regardless if AV scanning is dying or irrelevant, the issue is millions of users use them, continue to tely on them and frankly it's not really our job as users of the tool that is getting flagged to waste days and weeks of time trying to convince AVG or any other software company to white list the tool we use. I did already many times, but who knows how long it will take to gt AVG to do anything to resolve this.

Submitted this to support a few weeks ago but wasn't made aware of this article Jason wrote and no one seems to be too worried about this. Not sure why, many of my clients use AVG (for whatever reason, I can't make them change that even if others say it's the worst, etc) and they rely on the bots we create for them daily. We update them regularly and now they have to got through the whole exception process which is a time waster for my clients and they are not very happy with me. And of course, none of this is my fault and I can't do anything about it other than submit a false positive, which I already have.

BTW, I have determined this only happens if you use Chrome 39 with recent UB versions.

Edit: just tested again with Chrome 21 and latest version, 5.98, and still triggers false positive.

Sure thing, of course, we as developers know that, but when we create bots for clents, they certainly don't expect to have software that triggers virus detection, right? Some freak out, others not as much. In over 15 years working online I can honestly say that only 1 software application I've purchased has been triggered, in over 15 years, and that's what I'd expect. There are enough hurdles to go through to get a client, earn their trust and keep their trust without issues like this.

Lot's of virus blockers will triggers false positives with these bots, just research it a bit and make a decision to execute the program or not.