UBot Underground

Tool To Find Changes In Source Code Html (Browser Bots)

Hello everyone, It's been some time scene my last share so I though I would stop by and give back a little. Today I'm going to be showing you a tool that I use when I need to keep 100% accurate stats in a browser bot. The tool is called WinMerge and it's used to compare changes that have taken place in a document or in this case html source code.

http://winmerge.org/

Why is this needed? Well some more popular sites that have creative developers have found ways to hide what has changed in the pages source code after an action has taken place on the page. In this case I will use a follow button click. In the video I will grab the source code before the button has been clicked and then after the button has been clicked and then use WinMerge to easily find the data that has changed so it can then be used to track how many clicks have taken place.

http://screencast.com/t/BcyBzgpGOL1N

This video is an example of a relatively  simple change on the site, so it's not that hard to find, but there have been many cases that if I did not use WinMerge to find the small change on the site, my stat counter would have just not been right, So I hope this helps someone and enjoy.

Thank you Mr. Tom!!!

I always love it when people share great info like this!!!

Keep up the good work cuz it will hit you back 10 fold...

CD

Agreed, I have learned so much here that I could share everyday and still not pay everyone back for all the valuable knowledge I have learned here.