UBot Underground

Is Thread Proxy Switching Working In V5.5?

I m trying to make a bot that switch proxys inside thread so i use proxy setting to local, but it is not working properly. Can someone confirm if they made a sucesful bot with prxy switching inside threads?

I m trying to make a bot that switch proxys inside thread so i use proxy setting to local, but it is not working properly. Can someone confirm if they made a sucesful bot with prxy switching inside threads?

Yes that works fine. 

Don't forget "In new browser" command. 

Or do you talk about http plugin / sockets? Because that would be different then.

Dan

i use this:

thread {
    set(#proxy,$next list item(%proxylist),"Local")
    in new browser {
        change proxy(#proxy)
        navigate(#website,"Wait")
    }
}

See i set proxy to local since i wish to use 5 different proxys, will this work or i messed it up?

Problem is that i can not sucesfully make a navigation bot with proxys.

Give this a try.

IP:Port
If your proxies need authentication then you have to add that as well.

Navigatewithproxy("http://www.amazon.com""None")
define Navigatewithproxy(#url#proxy) {
    thread {
        in new browser {
            change proxy(#proxy)
            navigate(#url,"Wait")
            wait(10)
        }
    }
}

Try it without proxy first. Then add your proxy. 
If it's not working with the proxy, then it's not the script. :-)

• Like 1
So in your code i dont need to set up any variable to local?

I think you will find the variable #proxy is set to local before its sent to the define Navigatewithproxy

If it was global you would create a conflict

I think you will find the variable #proxy is set to local before its sent to the define Navigatewithproxy

If it was global you would create a conflict

No-no-no! I think you might be confusing variables with parameters. I realize this is a common mistake amongst Ubotters, because unfortunately it's not explained anywhere properly (even though this is a basic programming concept, I think the Ubot wiki could be a bit more clear about this, because most people come here without any prior programming knowledge).

The #proxy that you see inside the define of Dan's code doesn't even exist outside of the define. Because #proxy is what "becomes" of whatever is sent to the define. Anything can "become" #proxy. Any variable value (doesn't even have to be called #proxy), any list item, any table cell etc... And they can all be global before they are passed to the define, no problem there (depending on where they are coming from of course), because inside the define the corresponding value(s) will be used locally.

So in your code i dont need to set up any variable to local?

Thats interesting, i will try this. Thanks

That is actually correct. In Dan's code, whatever you pass to the define as parameter will be used locally automatically (it can even be any global variable, or in your case maybe a specific list item, since we are talking about proxies), so you don't necessarily have to declare a local variable inside the define (contrary to popular belief that I see in some "pro" tutorials  :blink:). Hope you understand that.

Marton

• Like 1