UBot Underground

How Do You Keep Your Bots Running For Days or Weeks Without Ever Stopping?

Hey Guys and Gals,

Just curious if anyone has any tips in regards to the best process, code, or plugin that you could use that will keep your bots running without stopping or using up a lot of resources for weeks on end?  We all know that if you aren't using some type of plugin or code 

that dumps some of the memory that in time the bots will cease to continue or function over time.

However, I know that there is a way for this process to be prolonged and I'm just trying to find the best way to keep my bots running

for as long as possible.

We could assume in this scenario that the bot is looping something over and over again or that it may have a long wait time until it is supposed to perform it's next function.

Any tips would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

mrwalt

Hey Guys and Gals,

Just curious if anyone has any tips in regards to the best process, code, or plugin that you could use that will keep your bots running without stopping or using up a lot of resources for weeks on end?  We all know that if you aren't using some type of plugin or code 

that dumps some of the memory that in time the bots will cease to continue or function over time.

However, I know that there is a way for this process to be prolonged and I'm just trying to find the best way to keep my bots running

for as long as possible.

We could assume in this scenario that the bot is looping something over and over again or that it may have a long wait time until it is supposed to perform it's next function.

Any tips would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

mrwalt

The best and easiest way is to restart the bots from time to time. You can do that automatically. 

All the memory management plugins are great, but they can not "fix" memory issues of your bots completely. 

The bots will use the same amount of memory very quickly again. 

I implement a state management function into almost all my bots. So the current state of  the bot is always saved to a config file. 

So when the bot starts, it exactly knows where it has to continue. 

And then just restart the bot. There are couple of examples in the forum how to do that.

PS: Instead of using ubot lists and tables I moved everything to large data plugin. That also saves a lot of memory and makes bot more stable and faster! 

Might be an option for you. Maybe you don't have to restart the bots at all.

Cheers

Dan

The best and easiest way is to restart the bots from time to time. You can do that automatically. 

All the memory management plugins are great, but they can not "fix" memory issues of your bots completely. 

The bots will use the same amount of memory very quickly again. 

I implement a state management function into almost all my bots. So the current state of  the bot is always saved to a config file. 

So when the bot starts, it exactly knows where it has to continue. 

And then just restart the bot. There are couple of examples in the forum how to do that.

PS: Instead of using ubot lists and tables I moved everything to large data plugin. That also saves a lot of memory and makes bot more stable and faster! 

Might be an option for you. Maybe you don't have to restart the bots at all.

Cheers

Dan

Agree 100%

Big list plugin is the bomb

restarting your bot before memory build up is best practice.

Mmm. So, using lists drains memory ? To save memory, cannot you get your bots to save the data onto a .txt file on the user's hdd instead and whenever the bot needs to make use of the list such as navigate to $Next List Item or Load Html $List Item etc. then it can $Read File to read the list residing in the .txt file ? Would that somehow save memory useages.

Anyway, which resources drain the memory ? Just learnt accessing the List does. Any other ? Browser navigating ? Maybe Socket navigating would reduce the memory too ?

Any other ?

Just add 3 Million entries to a ubot list or table and you will see what I mean :-)

Dan