UBot Underground

Seth we need 24*7 support and service monitoring please

Hi Ubot Team.

The recent downtimes made it very clear that we need 24*7 support for the ubot studio servers and services. 

It's not enough to have you guys fixing the servers during your regular business hours in the US. 

Ubot studio is a big project and a huge community. People from all over the world are using it. 

And when you arrive in the office at 7am, it's already end of business for others. 

So if you fix server errors when you arrive in the office, that's just not fast enough.

There are server providers who offer managed servers with service monitoring. 

With 24x7 support. Of course they cost more, but that might be something to consider?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kindest regards

Dan

• Like 2

I agree Dan! I think even if they charged maybe $1-2 more on the recurring payments that would help to cover some of the costs for having 24/7 support. A lot of us here use Ubot from the time we wake until the time we sleep and have invested a lot of money and time into not only the products but our business. Ubot Studio is an amazing product and it has helped me tremendously, I just would like to see the support match the product.

• Like 1

Hi Ubot Team.

The recent downtimes made it very clear that we need 24*7 support for the ubot studio servers and services. 

It's not enough to have you guys fixing the servers during your regular business hours in the US. 

Ubot studio is a big project and a huge community. People from all over the world are using it. 

And when you arrive in the office at 7am, it's already end of business for others. 

So if you only stop server errors when you arrive in the office, that's just not fast enough.

There are server providers who offer managed servers with service monitoring. 

With 24x7 support. Of course they cost more, but that might be something to consider?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kindest regards

Dan

Yes, it has become clear that this issue will need a more permanent solution. We are looking into it.

• Like 3

The other thing to look into is caching the license - WHMCS does this so if its servers are off line you can still use the software. I think they only check the license every three days so if you hit downtime, you have three days to fix things up before the support desk (if it was up ;)) gets hammered.

Agree totally with the compiling our side of things - its one thing not being able to use the software due to not being able to validate the license, but downtime shouldn't stop compilation.

I think even if they charged maybe $1-2 more on the recurring payments that would help to cover some of the costs for having 24/7 support.

Whoa - hang on since October 2013 I have been paying for support and updates for a product I can't currently use so I really don't fancy paying any more because the servers are unreliable and need 24/7 support. 

Quite honestly if an organization can't monitor their servers 24/7 at a negligible cost with the technology that is available today it says a lot about the organization. I don't know the details of what caused the two recent server outages but I run 24/7 websites, we receive automatic notification if any of the sites becomes unavailable and it is very rare that we can't fix, or at least initiate a fix, for a problem remotely.

Sure sometimes outages are the result of events outside an organization's control, workmen going through a power cable, but any maintenance of the server up time should be part of the product purchase price not part of a support and maintenance contract.

• Like 1